CHAPTER 24

After Wesley made it clear to me that he was used to being mocked about Sam's death, my heart broke. I couldn't even imagine the amount of pain he felt here. His brother was gone and he was still here working for these people.
Looking at the other side of the room, I saw Reese talking to another boy. I wonder what they were talking about but I was certain that Reese would find something important from that conversation.

" So what's next?" Wesley asked looking up at me.

" I need to think of an escape plan." I answered simply scanning the room.

" How did you get in here in the first place?" He asked tilting his head in curiosity.

" I knocked the - oh shit!" I whispered looking back at Reese. How could we make such a mistake?

" I'll be right back" I said to Wesley as I walked to the other side of the room. As Reese saw me moving towards him, he corked his eyebrow at me.

" We're about to be in serious shit." I whispered as I got to him.

" Relax! What do you mean?" He whispered back.

" The men we knocked out. We just left them there." I answered trying not to panic.

" Oh" Reese replied simply.

" What do you mean oh, we're fucked! They might -" I continued agitated.

" I got everything under control okay? Relax." He repeated again.

" Let's step out for a bit" He instructed walking towards the entrance. Glancing back at Wesley, he was staring at us till we walked out of the door.

" They're not there anymore Kai" he started massaging my shoulder.

" I knew it" I replied gently removing his hand from my shoulder sighing.

" And what exactly do you know?" He continued smirking at me.

" This isn't the time for jokes Reese, our cover is about to get blown " I said as a frown began to form.

" What did I say before I started talking?" He asked me taking a step back to look at me clearly.

" You said you had everything in control and I should relax" I answered taking a deep breath.

" Good! So I need to to trust me that I have everything in control" he repeated for the third time smiling gently at me.

" What do you mean? Can you at least tell me what's going on?" I asked curiously looking up at him.

" I just need to get enough information from the boys okay?" He countered nodding at me.

" Okay! You'll tell me what's going on later right?" I asked hopefully.

" Of course, I promise" he replied patting my shoulder as he walked back into the building towards his own inspection area.

" Is everything okay?" Wesley asked as I got to his table.

" Yeah, everything is fine" I replied giving him a small smile.

Looking beside Wesley, I saw Sam sitting on the floor close to him. He looked sad, tired even. Noticing that I was looking at him, he smiled.

" I know you won't be able to reply but I'm actually fine. Just frustrated that I can't do anything" He said standing up.

" I'll be close to the water. I feel at peace there" he continued as he walked away.

" What time do you guys stop?" I asked Wesley as he kept on filling his sachets.

" Around 6pm or there about." He replied not looking at me.

" What about dinner?" I asked hoping that they are dinner or even food at least.

" Well, we've been given an ultimatum in order to eat" he answered simply glancing at me.

" What ultimatum?" I inquired confused.

" We need to pack at least 300 sachets in order to eat" he replied shrugging like it was something normal.

" How many people work here?" I asked curiously. Since morning, we had only seen three people. The two security men and Otto.

"3" he answered still packing the substance.

" Only 3?" I asked shocked. For such a big project, I expected at least 10 people to work here.

" Yeah, Otto and two other men, whose position you're in right now." He replied.

" Also, you should be careful, Otto has some security cameras installed around the building. He's hardly here but he always wants to have an upper hand " he continued using his eyes to point at a blinking red light on the rail leading to the top floor.

" You don't have to worry though, he can't hear us, just the movements" he said glancing at me.

" Where does Otto stay exactly?" I asked remembering that I hadn't seen any place for someone as proud as him to live in when I was roaming around.

" I don't really know, but I overheard the former security men saying he goes home for the weekend after the shipment drops so they use that time to leave and do whatever they want to do" He explained.

" Where do you guys sleep for the night?" I inquired. To be honest, the question has been on my mind since morning after Reese was about to tell me something regarding a building and children.

" At the east wing of the area, there's a smaller building there for us to stay." He answered.

As I was about to reply, I heard the voice I had grown to desist speak.

" What a tiresome day" his voice echoed as he yawned disgustingly.

Walking towards Reese, he said something as Reese nodded squeezing his hands tightly behind him.

" What the hell are you looking at?" Otto shouted as he slapped a boy who stopped packing and was looking at the conversation between the two of them.

" No food tonight then, you know the drill" he said as he walked towards Wesley and I.

" If it isn't my favourite boy" he continued pinching Wesley's cheek.

As he was talking to Wesley, I could smell the Alcohol oozing from him.

' What time was it?' I asked myself keeping my face in check.

' 3pm baby, why?' I heard Ethan reply.

' Nothing serious, just someone that's a nuisance ' I answered back trying to hold the smile trying to show on my face.

This was the second time Ethan was calling me baby, and as much as I loved it, it made me wonder if the dynamics between us had changed.

' Just a deep breath okay?Focus and get the boys out safely, you'll be home soon' He said he went off.

Listening to him, I took a deep breath as I look at Otto who was still messing with Wesley.

" You should let him work don't you think?" My mouth said before my brain.

" What?" Otto asked turning towards me with a snare.

"He's going to stain you, don't you think?" I said changing what I said earlier.

" Yeah, you're right" he replied smiling as he cleaned his hand on my shirt.

" I'll be off now" he continued as he winked at Wesley.

Looking back at Wesley, he put his head down as he held onto the table tightly.

" You okay?" I asked moving closer to him.

"I'll be" he said not looking at me.

Whatever happened between Wesley and Otto wasn't something that started now. Looking back at Wesley, I sighed and stayed quiet. If he wasn't comfortable telling me what was wrong, I wasn't going to force it out of him.