EPILOGUE

" So why does he call you Roo" Wes asked taking a bite of his popcorn.

" I need to say this story" Theo answered as he adjusted himself on Reese.

" Ugh... Not again" I groaned as Ethan chuckled taking a swing of his beer.

" It all started when I was a nurse at the hospital his mum was admitted in. At that time, Kai here, was in new York for school. One day, he called and his mum began to remind him of his childhood and how he loved Kangaroos and wanted to enter their pouches. I couldn't believe that the sophisticated Kai thought like that so after that day, I started calling him Kangaroo until one day, I said Roo and it stuck. It stopped being a thing to tease him on, it became an endearment for him. So yeah, he's my 'Roo." He concluded giving me a gentle smile.

" You guys are so sweet" Ella cooed as she looked between the two of us.
After a minute of laughter and jokes, Ethan silenced the room with just one question.

" So what's next?" He asked as I laid my head on his shoulder.

" I'll focus on my cooking" Ella started with an excited face.

" Ballet for me. I've grown to love it" Wes continued glancing at a proud Ella.

" I just got my admission for my masters" Theo said for the first time.

" Omg congratulations" I said as Reese kissed him on his cheek.

" Thank you! I just felt this was the right time to break the news" He replied feeling proud of himself. Which he had every right to. It wasn't easy at all.

"What about you baby?" I asked Ethan looking up at him.

" I'd like to go back to school. I just realized that we have all the time in the world to do what we can. As much as I loved being a detective, because of my heart surgery, I might not be able to be as agile as before so I might just go to law school" he confessed looking at me.

" That's wonderful my love, I'm so proud of you" I said as I gave him a quick peck on his lips.

" PDA" I heard Ella say trying to hide it with a cough.
Laughing at her statement, Theo stood up and clapped to get our attention.

" It's getting late, You're still following me home right?" He asked glancing at Ella.

"Yeah" She replied standing up as Theo followed.

" Where was I when this plan was made?" I asked suprised.

Ignoring me, Ella and Theo went upstairs leaving the four of us in the parlor.

" Roo can I talk to you for a sec?" Theo asked giving me a smirk that no one else saw as he walked towards the sink.

" What's up?" I asked as he dragged me very close to him.

" This is your moment " he said wiggling his brows.

" What moment are you talking about ?" I asked confused.

" MOMENT" He emphasized using his head to point at Ethan's direction.

" Can you stop" I whispered as I glanced back at Ethan who was having a conversation with Reese.

" I'm just saying. I mean, you guys haven't had any alone time since your case ended" he teased. As I was about to reply, Ella and Wes came down with a bag each.

" That's a lot. How long do you guys plan on staying" I asked looking at all they packed.

" Let's say 4 days " Ella replied shrugging as Reese stood up from his chair.

" Ready to go?" Reese asked as he put his hand round Theo.

" Yeah, was just telling Kai something important" Theo replied smiling at him. I didn't know how they were able to connect so quickly but I was happy they did. They completed each other basically. Theo's talkative nature and Reese's listening trait.