CHAPTER 22

"So you're trying to tell me that you saw a young boy pass by us?" Reese asked for the umpteenth time since we found a hideout beneath the staircase leading to the other half of the dock closest to the water.

"Yes Reese, haven't you been listening to me?" I groaned not taking my eyes off the entrance of the supposed building we saw in the picture given to us as a tip.

"I mean, it sounds creepy. Seeing someone no one sees, you know?" He replied sighing.
To be honest, I wasn't typically scared of ghosts anymore. Hell, I've kissed one and almost asked him to take me in the parlour. So far, I've only seen two ghosts, Amelia and Ethan. Three actually, if I added the boy I just saw.

"I mean, of course my heart will skip a beat but he didn't look violent at all. Amelia didn't look or act violent. I feel they just need my help" I said glancing at Reese.

"I wasn't able to see Amelia anymore after we found her killer. I feel this boy is going to be connected to this case" I concluded as I brought my phone out of my pocket.

"What's the time?" Reese asked still paying attention to the building entrance.

"It's 9:45, I didn't know we've been out here for a while" I replied stuffing my phone back into my pocket.

"We were too focused to even realize, I-"  Reese began as he was interrupted by a silhouette walking out of the building.

"Do you see that?" Reese whispered moving closer to me.

"Yeah" I answered simply trying to peer inside the dark building the stranger entered into.

Reese and I were silent. Any slight noise would implicate us or worse have us killed before we can say Jack. We watched as the stranger began to turn on the lights inside the building making everything bright and easy to see from our spot.

"I think he's getting ready for the shipments to arrive" Reese said glancing at me.

"We should get ready to move over there then. Once we see the shipment being moved, we need to rush over there in 10 seconds and try and knock down any security men sent to assist those who are delivering it." I suggested waiting for the sign for us to start moving.

"I see them" Reese signalled at the two security men coming out of the building and closer to the water.

"Knock them out and hide them behind the building, got it" Reese chanted to himself as we waited for the two men to walk further.

"Now" I whispered as Reese and I ran round the building to the back.

"We can see them better now" I said warming up to smoothly get behind them without their notice.
The two men were talking to themselves as they focused on the ship moving towards them. This was the best time to knock them out so before the ship stops we'd be assumed as the security waiting for them.

"Go" I commanded as Reese and I walked swiftly behind them. Before they could notice any body around them, I held the guy directly in front of me and squeezed. 'One hand on his throat, another on his head, then squeeze ' I said repeating Ethan's words my head. After few seconds of struggling, I felt his body go limp on mine. Looking at Reese, he already had the man unconscious on his chest.

Nodding to each other, we struggled with moving the bodies till we dropped the men behind the building.
"Let's check for any keys or something that can help us hmm?" Reese suggested as he began to search the bodies.

"What about their guns?" I asked looking at the gun hanging on their waists.

"We take them, we have to play the part right?" He replied taking the gun from one as he turned on the safety and hung it on his waist too. Copying what he did, we were both ready to 'act the part'.