CHAPTER 11

I was still sitting down on the floor of the bathroom when Reese walked and sat down beside me.
" Are you okay?" He asked as he looked at me. I was certain that my eyes were already swollen but I tried to fake a smile.

" Yeah, I'm okay. I'm sure Everyone's wondering why I ran off like that" I replied sniffing.

" No, no one is judging you at all,it's something really emotional to be honest. Just because I'm not showing my sadness through tears doesn't mean it isn't a painful thing Kai" he said smiling sadly at me.

" It's just that it feels really personal to me, seeing the crime on tape makes me wonder how Amelia really felt during that moment" I continued.

" Personal?" He said tilting his body towards me.

Once I said it was a personal thing to me, I realized that I said that unconsciously and I won't be able to explain now that he asked.

" It's a long story, nothing too exciting" I replied trying to change the topic.

" We have time, I'll listen" he countered.

" You'd think I'm crazy Reese" I said shaking my head.

" Try me then" he said confidently focusing on me.

Sighing to myself, I realized there was no way to escape this so I decided to just say it as it was. Reese would definitely laugh at me but that's something I was willing to endure because no one would believe what I was about to tell him.

" I saw Amelia." I started looking at him to get his reaction.

" We all did Kai, what do you mean?" He replied confused.

" I mean, I saw her after her death. I spoke to her ghost" I continued.

The sound of Reese's laughter made my cheeks hot as I looked away from him.
" That's not funny Kai, I mean it's not-" As he was about to continue, he turned my face towards him and looked closely at me.

" You're not joking" he finalized as eyes shone with more confusion.

" No Reese, I'm not joking. I'm serious." I said talking comfortable now.

" How, when did it happen. I'm so confused." He said as he started blabbering.

" I met her on the day of the incident in the alley" I started as I told him everything that had happened from the incident till present exempting Ethan from the story. Why did I do that?. I have no clue.

" So what you're telling me is, You spoke to her regarding her own murder and how Rose was her mum?" He asked in awe.

" Yeah, she told me how she met Rose and everything" I replied as I told him all the details.

" This is a lot to take in" he said rubbing his face with his hands.

" How are you?, I mean, you've been facing all this alone, this case must have been so traumatic for you" he continued looking at me with pity.

" Not as much as what Amelia went through Reese, she was just 16 for Pete's sake" I said with anger seeping through my voice.

" I know Kai, I know. I promise we'd get her justice" he concluded as he rose and held out his hands for me to get up.

" You should wash your face, you have some snot on your nose. I'll meet you in the office." He said with a small laugh as he left the bathroom.

" I can't believe you allowed me talk about a serious matter with snot on my nose Reese" I said as my heart felt lighter.

After I was done washing my face and cleaning it with some paper toilets, I looked at myself in the mirror and took a deep breath. I was going to be fine, I would be strong for Rose and Amelia and I'll make sure they get justice. With that, I looked at myself one more time and walked out of the bathroom.