CHAPTER 25

After Otto left and Wesley's demeanor changed, I didn't try to start any conversation. I just stayed quiet beside him. At least he'd understand that I'll be there whenever he wants to talk.

" It's 10 minutes after 6 and Otto isn't here to tell us what to do" Reese said standing beside me.

" How did you get here? You scared me." I asked trying to catch my breath

" Seems like you were distracted. Are you okay?" He asked with his voice showing a hint of worry.

" Yeah, we'll talk later. There's something that happened earlier " I whispered to him to avoid anyone including Wesley from overhearing.

" Sure" he whispered back.

" Since Otto isn't here, What do we do?" I asked turning to Wesley.

" You can just announce that it's 6pm and everyone will walk quietly back to our building. As for the drugs, the security men before usual packed them back into the cartons and kept them at the side of the entrance " Wesley informed us as he finally packed his last sachet.

" It's 6pm, y'all can go now " Reese commanded as his voice echoed. Without any form of excitement or joy of being done for the day, the boys quietly exited the building.

" You don't have to worry about dinner, someone messed up today so we're all suffering the consequences. You both can sleep wherever you want." Wesley shrugged as he exited the building quietly.

"He seems different from the others" Reese said when we were finally alone in the building.

" Yeah, he has been through a lot" I replied vaguely.

" We should get started with the arrangement right?" I asked packing the sachets on the table into the carton.

" There's no need for that" He replied signalling towards the door.

There were four familiar faces looking at us.

" What are you guys doing here?" I asked suprised as I looked at Aaron, Liam and two other colleagues of ours.

" Reese called for backup so we came" Liam answered giving Reese a stern nod.

" How long have you all been here?" I asked again trying to understand what was going on.

" Seems like your boy has a lot of questions hmm" Liam said chuckling.

" They've been here since we got here" Reese answered looking at me.

" I don't understand!" I replied groaning as I ran my hand through my hair.

" You know when I said I had it under control when you asked me about the men we knocked out? " Reese asked as he leaned on one of the tables.

" Yeah?" I replied praying for him to hurry up.

" Well, after we knocked them out and went inside, Aaron and Liam here, took them into custody." He said as he waited for my reaction.

" So they're already at the station?" I asked trying to make meaning of it.

" Yup " Aaron answered popping his P.

" What about Otto? Did he really go home?" I asked holding the table for support.

As I asked the question, they all glanced at Reese.

" I guess not" I replied sighing.

" What else do I not know?" I asked feeling sad that I wasn't added to the plan.

" The children are on their way to the bus as we speak, Chief sent the evacuation team to take them somewhere safe" One of my other colleagues Jason replied.