CHAPTER 12

As Rose stretched her hands towards me to handcuff her, I walked towards her and gave her a tight hug.

" It's okay, we'll figure it out, it's okay" I repeated to her as I was trying to convince myself too.

" I just finished talking to Wade, he's on his way right now." He said walking towards us after hanging up the call.

" You should sit" I told Rose as I took her to the chair beside the entrance. Squeezing her hands, I told her that I'd be back as I searched for Reese.
After ignoring the body in front of me, I walked towards the open office at the other side of the room.

" What are you doing here? I asked Reese who was already going through the drawers and the shelves.

" Since there's a link between Antonio and Carlos, I figured that I'll find something that can help us find Antonio don't you think?" He said as he looked through the papers on the table.

" Yes, Makes perfect sense. I should help." I said as I walked towards the bookshelves.

" No, it's okay. You should be with Rose, she needs someone right now " he advised with a smile.

When I got to Rose, she was sitting still on the chair, staring into nothingness. I didn't know what to say at that moment so I dragged another chair and sat beside her. Holding her hand, I used my other one and laid her head on my shoulder. As her head touched my shoulder, she stiffened as tightened her grip on my hand. We both stayed quiet till she dozed off. Checking my time, it read 4pm. Once hour since we were here.

' Chief should be here by now' I murmured looking into the glass office where Reese moved things around. Before I could move another inch, Wade , Liam and Aaron entered the house.

" Chief" I said nodding towards him. Nodding back, he looked at the sleeping Rose on my shoulder.

" You need to take her out of here" he said as he picked the murder weapon up.

" Why?, What's going on?" I asked looking at three of them confused.

" Rose was never here. Do you understand me Son?" He said plainly.

Before I could reply, she rose her head from my shoulder and and looked directly at Wade.

"Are you here to take me into custody?" She asked as she stood up and stretched her hand towards him.

" No, I'm not doing that" Wade replied as he brought out a napkin and began to clean the gun with his gloved hands.

" What do you mean by that?" Rose asked shocked.

" Kai is going to take you out of here, you'd go to your house, pack your belongings and stay low for a few days. During that time, pick any city of your liking, you'd be able to leave new York and live as a free woman. You weren't here and you didn't kill him. Am I clear?" He looked at her with a straight face.

" Why are you doing this?" She asked with tears in her eyes.

" I'm a Father Rose, I understand why you did what you did, any parent would do what you did but you can't stay here in new York because you won't be able to be a free woman. With the authority Carlos has, you'd either be killed or incarcerated. I can't let you end up like that. For Amelia's burial, I have it under control. Kai will bring you to the public cemetery today. Is that okay?" he concluded as he looked at me then the door. Getting the message, I stood up and held Rose's hand.

" Let's get out of here, hmm?" I said smiling at her.

" Thank you and yes, it's very okay" she whispered looking at the three of them including Reese who just exited the office.