CHAPTER 36

TW: child prostitution and abuse

Ethan was expected to stay in the hospital for 2 weeks because of his physiotherapy. Apparently, it was needed so he'd be able to loosen the tension in his muscles.

" Are you ready to leave?" I asked as Wes and Ella helped him with his bag.

" You don't know how tired I am of this place" Ethan groaned wearing his shirt I got from home. He looked all better. He was able to walk without any support now and he didn't need to take any medication anymore.

For the two weeks Ethan stayed in the hospital, Ella and I alternated our stay with him. Wes kept on going for his ballet class and Ella decided that she wanted to be a chef. Theo on the other hand was a big help during that period. He always checked on Ethan and to my surprise, they had formed a bond.

" Are you guys on your way home?" Reese asked peeping into the room.

" Yeah, just trying to check if we're forgetting anything" Ella replied smiling at him.

Reese never asked how I knew Ethan or why we were so close. Theo probably explained everything to him. I was actually grateful for that. To Ella and Wes, I was a friend who lost contact with him after his incident.

" What's going on in here?" Theo asked entering into the room after pecking Reese on his cheek.

" Nothing! We're leaving now." I chuckled leaving the room with Ethan beside me.

" Good. We need to get dinner ready on time" Theo said as we all left the room.

Everyone had grown a surprising bond with each other so it wasn't awkward at all walking and talking together. I had a little family and I was grateful for that.

" You okay?" I asked Ethan as he entered the passenger's seat of my car. Should I still call it my car? I guess not.

" Yeah, I just can't believe I'm here with you all and they can see me" he replied holding my hand pecking it.

" Of course we can see you Uncle Ethan" Wes replied chuckling from the back seat.

" Stop eavesdropping Wes" Ella scolded from beside him.

" Sorry" he apologized as Ethan shook his head.

" They're going to meet us at home right?" Ella asked regarding Theo and Reese who was using another car.

" Yeah. Theo just needs to freshen up and they'll be on their way" I answered feeling bad for the obviously tired Theo.

It was a Friday night and we were all free tomorrow so we decided to throw a welcome home party for Ethan. After parking the car, Wes and Ella went upstairs to freshing up leaving Ethan and I downstairs.
" I'm so in-love with you Kai Rivers" He confessed all of a sudden as he dragged me towards his body.

" I really don't know what I'd do without you" He continued burying his head at the crook of my neck as he took a deep breath.

" You smell so good " he commented moving his hands from my back to my waist.

" Thank you" I replied holding the back of his head.

" Ewwwwww" I heard someone say from the staircase. Turning towards the voice, I saw Ella standing there with a mischievous smirk.

" You both look like you need a room" She said walking past us towards the parlor.

" I guess we do" Ethan whispered into my ears then looked at me wiggling his eyebrows.

" Stop it" I whispered back trying to hide the blush that was forming on my cheeks. Ethan and I hadn't even passed the first base yet so the thought of us being alone in any room made my body hot.