CHAPTER 26

"What do you plan on doing with him?" Reese asked as he drove us to his apartment. Since Wesley decided to stay with me, I was going to figure out a legal way for him to stay for the meantime. Glancing at his sleeping figure, I brushed the hair out of his face. He looked so peaceful and at ease, this was probably the best sleep he had gotten in a long while.

" He'll stay with me for the meantime. I'll let chief know tomorrow during the meeting" I answered as my eyes met his in the rear view mirror.

" I'll support you with any decision you make. Just let me know when you need my help" he said taking his attention back on the road.

" Thank you" I answered simply closing my eyes as the cold air from the air conditioner took me to dream world.

" Kai? Wake up! We're here." I heard Reese say as he tapped my lap.

" Hmm?" I replied with a sleep induced voice.

" We're at my apartment. Do you think you'd be able to drive home in this state?" Reese asked as he turned off the ignition.

" Yeah, I'm good. You should go in. Good job today!" I praised as I adjusted Wesley to sleep on the chair instead of my shoulder.

" Take care of yourself okay? Text me when you get home." Reese instructed as he stepped out of the car giving me space to enter the driver's seat.

"I will. Goodnight" I replied closing the door after me as I turned the car back on. The drive back home wasn't long thankfully. It was 8pm so the road didn't have much traffic.

On getting to the apartment, I parked the car and stepped out to help Wesley.

" Wesley?" I called gently as I patted his shoulder.

"Yeah?" He replied looking up at me blinking.

" We're home" I smiled gently as he supported himself to step out of the car.

Noticing how tired he was, I bent down and carried him as his head leaned on my shoulder.

" Thank you so much Ethan" he said quietly hugging me closely.

" It's okay Wesley, I got you"

"It's Wes" He countered as I opened the door.

With a smile on my face, I carried him up to my room and dropped him gently on the bed.

" You should sleep for a while, Food would be ready soon" I said covering him up with my duvet.

" Do you need my help?" He whispered as his eyes began to close.

" I just need you to rest" I replied standing from the bed as I gave him a peck on his forehead.

Walking out of the room, I saw Ethan come out of his room.
" Is everything okay?" He asked as he engulfed me in a tight hug.

" I'm so tired" I whispered burying my face in his neck.

" You should eat something first then you sleep okay?" He suggested as he held my hand taking me downstairs.

" Okay" I replied as I went to the parlor to lie down.

" Should I just order in?" Ethan suggested as he sat beside me putting my head on his lap.

" Yes please" I answered briefly closing my eyes and sleep took me away.

" Babe" I heard a voice say as I opened my eyes slowly.

" I forgot I couldn't order in" he said trying to hold his laughter.

" How could we forget" I mumbled putting my hand into pocket.