CHAPTER 14

The sound of my ringing tone woke me up as I struggled to pick up the phone. It was a Saturday and I didn't have to go to the office so early. Answering the call, I put it on my ear as a spoke.

" Hello?" I said with my sleep induced voice.

"Kai?, Where are you? I've just landed" The voice replied. It was Theo, shit. I overslept.

" I'm on my way T, there's traffic" I said lying to him.

" Oh, okay. I'll be waiting for you at the arrivals okay?" He said as I heard him panting. He was probably walking back to the arrivals.

I felt like shit that it skipped my mind that Theo would be landing today. He was probably overwhelmed with the crowd at the airport in a new place. Getting up from my bed in a hurry, I ran to the bathroom, took a quick shower, and brushed my teeth. Once I was done, I wore a short and a t-shirt not forgetting my glasses and hurriedly ran downstairs.

" Whoa!, What's the rush?" I heard Ethan say as he came out of his room opposite mine.

" I'm late for the airport, let's talk when I'm in the car" I spoke quickly as I left the house.

The drive from the airport wasn't so far thankfully, just 20 minutes away from home.

' Is everything okay?' Ethan asked as I cursed.

' Yeah, I think I jinxed myself' I replied groaning.

' How?' He asked as confusion seeped from his voice.

' I'm meant to pick my best friend from the airport. Not only am I late, I lied to him that their was traffic on the road so I could hurry there but now there's actually traffic' I replied sighing.

' Don't worry, just call him and tell him you're on your way. Keep him updated okay?' He advised.

' I'll do that now, thank you' I replied as I focused on the traffic in front of me.

Dialing Theo's number with one hand, I connected the call to the speaker of the car.
" Hey T, I'm so sorry for not being there yet" I started as he picked up the call.

" It's okay, I'm just inside a bakery waiting. Don't drive recklessly!, I'm not running anywhere okay?" He replied trying to reduce the tension I was feeling.

" Okay, see you soon" I said as I was about to hang up the call.

" Wait wait, what's the name of the bakery?" I asked remembering that I needed to know his exact location.

" Cake and bake " he replied simply.

" Okay, I'll be there soon" I concluded cutting the call.

Thankfully, I could see the traffic moving. After 10 minutes, I was finally at the airport. Paying the entrance and parking fee, I stepped out of the car in search of the bakery.
Walking towards the arrival, I saw one of the airport officials.

" Hello, please excuse me" I said as she turned towards me.

" Hello, Good morning. How may I help you?" She asked nicely.

" I'm looking for a bakery, Cake and bake. Please can you direct me?" I replied with a smile.

" Sure, just go straight then to your first left, you'll see the sign board. It's actually not far from here " she instructed pointing towards the direction.

" Thank you so much, have a nice day" I said thankfully as I walked swiftly following her directions.

After I turned to my left, I saw a beautiful pink signboard with colorful cupcake drawings with the writing, "Cake and bake". Entering into the bakery, I used my eyes to search out Theo since there were so many people. Before I could find him, I heard someone call my name from the booth closest to where I was standing. Turning towards the voice, I saw Theo standing as he jumped on me giving me a big hug.