CHAPTER 20

KAI'S POV
PRESENT DAY

"You did the best you could Ethan" I said gently as I held his hand. The story Ethan told me broke my heart into pieces. He was someone who wanted to protect the vulnerable but his reward was death. His friend and partner who he trusted became someone that betrayed him and opened the door to the enemy. Maria died a sad death also and Ella was nowhere to be found.

"Sometimes I wonder what the outcome would have been if I figured another way to free them without including Maria and Ella to my plans. I promised Maria I'd save her and bring her home but I don't even know if she was buried or if her body was left there" He sighed as he dropped his head on our connected hands.

I didn't know what to say, I knew he was in so much pain but I didn't know how to make it better so I just freed one of my hands and began to run it through his hair. He was a ghost so he couldn't cry but even a ghost has emotions.

Looking at the clock, it read 7pm. I knew that I was not going to be able to stomach any food for dinner so I decided to pass time by cheering Ethan up.

"What's your favorite movie?" I asked as I kept on touching his hair. As he heard those words, he rose his head quickly.

"My favorite movie?" He asked back as though he couldn't hear me the first time.

" Yes Ethan, your favorite movie" I replied chuckling as our eyes met.

"You're really beautiful when you smile" he said out of the blue.

"Your dimples are so deep" he continued as he caressed my cheek.

"Thank you" I replied trying to catch my breath.

Be still my beating heart.

"Casper" he whispered smiling.

"What?" I asked confused. I was so focused on his face that I couldn't get what he was saying.

"My favorite movie is Casper the friendly ghost" Ethan repeated as he kept his hand on my cheek.

"You like Cartoons?" I asked stupidly. Of course he does, if his favorite movie is Casper, he would like animated movies.

"Yes, I do. A lot" he replied smiling as he brushed his thumb across my bottom lip.

"Do you think it's possible to kiss a ghost like Casper did to Kat?" I babbled still lost in his face.

"How about we check if it's possible hmm" he answered tilting his head to the side.

"Okay" I replied with nothing higher than a whisper. I wanted to know how it felt to kiss him. Would it feel cold like the rest of his body? 'I'm sure I'd feel warm regardless' I thought to myself as I began to get ready for the kiss.

He stood up and walked over to me raising my chin to look up at him. As he bent down to my level, I closed my eyes calming myself down.

"Open your eyes, look at me" he commanded as he stopped few inches away from my lips. Opening my eyes like he instructed, I saw him smiling at me.

"Take a deep breath, you're shaking" he instructed as he came closer. As our lips connected, my phone began to ring.

"Do you want to get that?" He asked creating space between us.

"Should I?" I asked like I was the dumbest person in the world. Of course I needed to get it. What if it was an emergency or something.

"You should, I'll go and get ready for our movie night" he answered as he gave me a peck on my forehead and walked away.

Looking at the call ID, it read Theo.

"Hope I'm not interrupting something " he greeted as I picked up.

"No, why? " I replied trying to hide the obvious arousal from  my voice.

"I don't know, I mean, you apparently live with someone who gives you an erection so I thought you've probably let him mount you " He teased chuckling.

"Not funny T" I groaned into the phone.

"Why did you call though? Are you okay?" I asked seriously.

"I was looking for a restaurant to order from but I've gotten one already" he answered with a hint of mischief.

"What did you do T?" I sighed into the phone

"I just went for what I craved that's all " he replied mockingly.

"Since you've gotten the restaurant?, Can I go now?" I asked rolling my eyes.

"Sureee, have fun" he sang as he disconnected the call.
  Taking a deep breath, I took my phone and went to the parlor.

"Is everything okay?" Ethan asked as I sat down beside him.

"Theo called, nothing serious " I replied holding the throw pillow on my lap.
'All because of him, I wasn't able to scratch this itch in my head.' I thought to myself sighing as the movie began to load.

"Is that so?" Ethan asked still looking at the TV.

"What itch if I may ask?" He inquired as he turned towards me.

"Nothing" I answered feeling my face getting hot. It skipped my mind that he could read my thoughts so when he surprised me by asking, I got nervous.

"Have you ever kissed someone before? He asked holding my left hand while stroking my chin with his right.

"No, only you " I answered rubbing my face on his hand which moved to my cheek.

Looking at his lip then eyes, I let my lust get the best of me, I suddenly grabbed him connecting our lips, he immediately took control. Dragging me closer he nibbled on my bottom lips as a moan escaped me.
'More' I chanted in my head as he deepened the kiss.
All of a sudden, he stopped.
"I'm sorry" he whispered giving us space.

"What's wrong?, Is it me?" I asked confused.

" Of course not, you're wonderful. I just think. Well look at me" he started gesturing at himself.

"What happened to you?" I asked again looking confused.

"I'm a ghost, Kai, We seem to have forgotten that" he answered sighing.

"At least we were able to prove that what Casper and Kat did was possible " I said smiling at him.

"It's okay, we don't have to do anything sexual to express feelings, what I feel is new to me so I wanted to satisfy my curiosity that's all." I continued trying to lighten the mood.

"You're not pissed?" He cocked his brows at me.

"Of course not, let's just watch the movie hmm?" I replied.

"Sure, come over here" he instructed tapping on his lap. Lying down on the couch I placed my head on his lap as we watched Casper the friendly ghost.