CHAPTER 32

A week had passed since Wes and I made dinner together. It made us closer than ever that he didn't have to ask for permission for certain things. He slept in my room and little by little, I began to move to Ethan's room.

Ethan and I had spent a lot of time together because of my week off which I was grateful for. We shared a lot of stories between each other. He told me how he was an orphan who later got the opportunity to study Law in New York. I was really impressed and had to ask him why he never became a lawyer and this were his words.

" Being a lawyer is wonderful but there's something about tracking a criminal down. The feeling of knowing that he's stuck in jail because you were always one step ahead of him"

Which made perfect sense because I felt the same way when we almost caught Carlos and when we outsmarted Otto. There was just some type of excitement that came with the tracking and exposure of a criminal.

" You got here on time" Aaron said walking into the conference room.
It was the Monday after my break and I was really excited to get more information that could get us to Antonio. Regarding his safe house in Boston, I was still figuring out how to make it a public conversation because I was certain that I'd be asked how I found out which obviously I won't be able to explain.

" Yeah, excited to get back to work yunno. How are you?" I asked as he sat down beside me.

" I'm doing okay, Liam is now my partner" he answered groaning as he dropping his head on the table.

" Really? When?" I asked stifling a laugh.

" It's not funny bro! You know how he is" He whined facing me.

" Sorry my bad" I replied trying to keep my laughter at bay.

" The Chief thinks that we'd work better together." He started making gestures with his hand.

" He's so full of himself Kai, how can I work with someone like that?" He complained.

" I thought we at least had a civil relationship between us" We heard a voice say from the door.
Turning to the voice, we saw an amused Liam and a confused Reese leaning on the door.

" How long have you guys been here?" I asked standing as they walked towards us.

" Long enough to hear how full of myself I've been" Liam chuckled looking at the shy Aaron.

Okay?? Something is definitely going on here.

Looking at Reese, he shrugged sitting beside me.
" When did you get here?" Reese whispered to me ignoring the conversation between Liam and Aaron.

" Around 7, I had to take Wes to class first" I replied bringing my phone out.

" For the ballet class right?" He asked as I opened my message app.

" Yeah, he said he would love to try it out after we watched Barbie in the pink shoes" I answered.

" Barbie? Really?" He teased smirking at me.

" It's a classic Reese, you should watch some" I countered replying the few messages I had.

" Whatever" he shrugged as his demeanor changed.

" Did Theo tell you anything?" He inquired with full concentration.

" Nope, why? Did something happen?" I asked turning my phone to face the table.

" No not all" He answered as Wade entered the room making me unable to ask me.

Giving him a final glance, I focused on Wade who had papers with him.
" We got a tip from our person saying that Antonio was seen in a club in Boston, obviously we won't be able to go to Boston if we don't have a lead regarding an illegal situation so our colleagues based in Boston are keep track of his movement. Any questions?" He asked changing the paper in front of him.