CHAPTER 33

After my mental breakdown in the bathroom, I washed my face, practiced my smile and left the bathroom.

" Have you had breakfast yet?" Aaron asked leaning on my table as I got to the room.

" No, not yet, why?" I replied sitting quietly on my chair.

"I was wondering if you'd like to tag along. Everyone is busy so-"

" Sure, I'll follow you. I need to clear my head also" I said murmuring the second part.

On getting to the restaurant, I sat quietly looking outside the window. I wasn't feeling like myself especially after I found out the Ella was never dead. What else did Ethan not know?

" Excuse me?" I heard a voice call out from the present reality.

" Huh? Sorry? What were you saying?" I asked getting myself back on track.

"What would you like to order?" The waitress asked trying to hide her irritation. She was probably trying to get my attention for a while with no avail.

" Just two pieces of chocolate croissant and coffee please. Black no sugar" I replied rubbing my face.
After she wrote my order down, she walked away leaving me with a confused Aaron.

" You okay bro? You seem really off. And a black coffee no sugar? That's not you at all" he confessed sounding really worried.

" I'm okay, just family stuff " I lied giving him a small smile.

" Oh okay. I'm here if you need someone" he replied as the waitress came back with our food.

" I will, thank you"

Once we were done with our food and after the battle between my throat and the bitter coffee, we were on our way back to the office. The rest of the day went by quietly and the time to go back home came quickly.

" Going to pick Wes up?" Reese asked as he stopped me by my car.

" Yeah" I replied not really focusing on the conversation.

" I'll see you later then" he said tapping my shoulder as he left me with my thoughts.

The drive to the ballet school Wes was in wasn't far at all but since it was his first day, I needed to pick him up to at least make him feel supported.

" Hey buddy! How was your first day?" I asked cheerfully as he entered the car.

" It was good, really difficult but not impossible" he replied putting on his seatbelt.

" That's great! Do you have anything in mind for dinner?"

" I'll just eat that cup noodles at home. I'm not really hungry" he answered looking out of the window.

" Why? Is there something wrong?" I asked as we got close to the house.

"Not really. I just heard from one of the girls there that I have to be really slim to be able to do well in ballet" he replied sadly.

" That's not true buddy! you can eat well and still do ballet. Never let anyone dictate what you need to be to be happy" I advised wondering why children would talk with so much negativity.

After telling him that, we stayed quiet as I parked the car.
" Aren't you coming out?" I heard Wes ask as he came out of the car.

" I need to go to the hospital, I'll be back soon" I replied waiting for him to go inside safely.

" Are you sick?" He asked walking to my window to touch my face.

" No kiddo, I just need to get something that's all" I replied stretching my face out of the window to give him a forehead peck.