~Duties~

She lazily stretched her arms and open her eyes. She saw the space next to her. Hum kab apko sootein hue dekh pye gye, she thinks. She shifts and looks at the time, suddenly she remembers all the things that happened last night. She closes her eyes in frustration and gets up.

She turns on the shower and takes a quick bath. She wears a bathrobe and selects a dress from her wardrobe. She let her hair down and wears an armlet. She does her makeup and looks at herself in the mirror.

Santu and Pushpa ji were doing their work respectively. Santu speaks,' Puspee, Madam sir hangover ke baad bhi itne jaldi kaise uth jati hai.' Pushpa ji still in her hangover phase,' Santu humse abhi kuch na he pucho toh acche hai. Aur tohda dheere baat kro.' she keeps her forehead on her hand. Santu again speaks,' Lekin Karishma madam toh bilkul bhi drunk nhi lag rhi thi, woh kyu late hai aaj.' She opens the drawers and takes out medicine. She gets up, goes toward her, and gives medicine to Pushpa ji. She takes the medicine and speaks,' Shayad woh party ke baad thak gyi ho.' Santu gives her a questioning look and she continues, ' Mere matlab ki unho ne sab kaam kal khud he kiya tha.' Santu replies,' Ha woh toh he! Grill krna bhi mushkil hai, waise grill machine ke setup and Bonfire jaise cheeza toh unki house help nai he krde thi!' Pushpa ji gives her a look and was going to speak but let this slide due to a headache.

A sudden appearance diverts their conversation and they salute their senior. Haseena nods and speaks,' Kis bare mai baat ho rhi hai.' Santu speaks,' Woh karishma madam ke house-help aur Hum sab ne kitne enjoy kiye kal.' Haseena smiles and speaks,' Woh sab toh theek hai, lekin woh Abhi tak ayi kyu nhi. Das bajne lage hai.' Santu looks toward Pushpa ji and suddenly Haseena's phone rings. She excuses herself and goes toward her cabin.

Karishma goes outside of the dressing room, takes her phone, and goes downstairs. She makes herself tea and checks her phone. She sends a message about meeting for breakfast. She slowly sips her tea and gives a call. She waits for the person to pick up the call.

Haseena enters the cabin and immediately picks up the call. She speaks,' Hello!'

Karishma stands up and says,' Jai hind Madam sir!'

She speaks,' Jai hind!' She waits for her to speak further.

She speaks,' Woh madam sir, Hume aaj ke liye chuti chaiye thi.'

She goes toward the window and speaks,' Koi problem hai, apko agar humari help chaiye, toh batiye.'

She keeps the cup in the dishwasher and says,' Aise koi baat nhi, woh bas ek personal kaam tha.'

She leans at the window and speaks,' Toh theek hai, hum apki chuti approve krde gye.'

She speaks,' Toh hum rakte hai!'

Haseena stands up and speaks hastily,' Ek minute rukiye, Woh hume apse bohot zarrori baat krni thi!' She hesitates a bit and speaks,' Kal raat ke bare mai!'

Karishma closes her eyes and forces some words out,' Woh...Madam sir hum woh...hum Kal baat kr skte hai!'

She speaks,' Ji..ji bilkul hum Kal baat kr skte hai. Toh hum, call cut krte hai.'

She replies,' Ji!'

She cuts the call and thinks 'Umeed hai ki, kal kuch toh clarity mile.' She engrosses herself in the work.

Karishma was sitting on a chair waiting for someone. She was looking outside the cafe, lost in her thoughts. A sudden voice brings her back. Karishma looks in front and smiles. She speaks,' People are staring at us like that they haven't watched twins before!' and she removes her goggles. Karishma sarcastically speaks,' Hume bhi apse mil kr bohot accha lga!' Rishma replies,' Baniye maat, I remember your last night's expression. As if you have seen a ghost.'  Karishma defends herself by saying,' Woh toh bas apko achanak dekh kr hum chaunk gye the Baki apko toh pta hai hum apko kitne mante hai.' Rishma passes her sarcastic smile.

Then, a waiter comes and they place their order. She speaks,' Woh kal raat ke liye sorry!' Rishma replies,' Please, hum apse chote hai...Toh yeh sorry bolke hume awkward situation mai mat dale.' She faintly smiles and speaks,' Toh aap yahan?' She gives her a look as they cannot speak about that in public. She understands that and changes the topic. They have their breakfast and go to the hotel where she stayed at night. She checks out while two men keep her stuff in the car. They leave for their house.

They both were sitting on the couch facing each other. Two men were standing outside in the backyard, Karishma feels weird and anxious. It was the first time that she feels, she has done something wrong.

Rishma clears her throat to gain her attention. Karishma forces a smile and Rishma gets shocked. She asks,' Yeh kya chal rha hai and I just want to hear the truth! You never fake emotions, especially in front of me. I am your sister, you are allowed to be yourself.' Karishma sighs and says,' You are my sister later but first you are our queen. Aur aap kyu Venice se yahan ayi, apko pta hai ki yeh kitne dangerous hai.' Rishma gets up and speaks in frustration,' You...you are telling me what's dangerous? When you are the one who left from there, leaving your responsibilities behind, your duties, your family, and your crown. You are the one who is putting all of us in danger. That girl needs to forget us and that was difficult for you to do. I have to come so far because of you! You couldn't perform a simple mission.' She keeps her hand on her forehead and calms herself. She goes back and sits down,' Dekiye hum apse yahan ladne nhi aye! I am just here to do what I need to do and I will leave once I am done.'

Karishma speaks authoritatively,' Aap aise kuch nhi kre gyi!'

She replies in the same tone,' Why not!? I am here to perform my duties from which you are again running away!'

She speaks in rage and her eye color changes to Amber,' Stop it, Rishma! It's not funny anymore.'

She laughs and speaks,' Then what's funny!? You putting all of us in danger. You know How important it is? We have taken an oath not to let humans know about our existence, even a small doubt planted in human mind is a danger to our existence. we have been given the power by the lord to save our species. At least, you should use it, for us and not for your pleasure!'

Karishma gritted her teeth and speaks,' Mind yourself!' She looks directly into her eyes and speaks,' You are still my little sister!' 

Rishma maintained the look,' I am glad you remember. Now, tell me...What is the reason.' She gives her assuring look.

Karishma's tense expression lightens and Her body language changes from intense to less anxious. Her eye color changes back from Amber to brown.

.

.
I have read all of your comments!
Thank you for your kind response.