~The real Queen~

Haseena was working on her laptop while lost in her thoughts. ' Kya hume list bna leni chahiye. Kya unhe Rishma wale incident ke bare mai batane pade ga! Socha tha agar mujhe samaj aagye tab hi kisi aur ko bataye gye lekin ab baat hath se nikle gye. Uske bare mai soch kar he Sar mai dard hote hai, lekin sach batane mai he bhalyi hai, Karishma ko humesha maine shaq ki nazar se dekha, unki kya he galati thi.' She takes a deep sigh and closes her laptop. She looks outside towards her chair and a smile crept on her face. She packs her stuff and leaves the cabin.

Karishma was sitting on the couch still confused about how to confess something to her sister when she herself doesn't know exactly what she is feeling! She gets up and drinks water from the kitchen. Rishma while patiently waiting for her to speak up.

She comes back and sits down, fidgeting her foot. Rishma noticing her, speaks,' Itne bhi mushkil nhi hai! Just tell me from the beginning maybe for the first time you met.'

Karishma nods her head and speaks,' Humare Lucknow mai pehle din the. Hum pehli baar mile toh sach mai pehli baar mile, mere matlab ki achanak se he mile the. Hum police headquarters se he tab aa rhe the tab humne apni power ke pehli baar istmal kiya yahan aa kr.' Rishma furrows but she doesn't interrupt her. She continues,' Hum teez bike chla rhe the, mujhe ghar aa kr yahan setting krni thi aur Madam sir humare matlab Haseena Malik ke bare mai bhi sab kuch study krna tha. Tab humare piche police ki jeep lag gyi thi, jante hai human world mai powers ke istmal krna mana hai lekin socha ek baar aur istmal kr lete hai.' Rishma couldn't control herself and interrupted her,' Aapko sirf ek baar he bola tha use krne ke liye. Aap kyu nhi discreet and normal reh skti. Please tell me that was the last time you used it!'

Karishma furiously speaks,' Listen to the story and you will know it!' Then, she continues in a calm tone,' Tab humne pehle bar unhe dekha, Unka handbrake lagna...jeep se nikle kr ana...aur hum pr dhos jatane.' She pauses to register these unknown thoughts.

She faintly smiles remembering their next encounter which made them closer than before, ' Hume bohot gussa aye jab woh humare he ghar par akar, edhr udhr takh jakh kr rhi thi! Aur fir baad mai hume he ignore kiye jaise ke humari galti hai. Hum unke kuch bhi nhi the fir bhi woh...hume puri party mai ignore kr rhi thi. Lekin us din pehli baar unho ne humare samne apne sare dard khol diye, uss din hume thoda sa bura lga.'
Rishma's brows twitched and speaks,' Kya matlab ki bura lga? No doubt! You haven't completed your...'

Karishma gives her a look and continues,' Fir humare chot lag gyi!' A smile appears on her face while remembering that night. She again continues,' That was the time I think something changed. Hume peeth par chot lgyi thi, pehle toh Pushpa ji hume hospital le gyi upar se doctor ke heavy dose...socha tha ghar mai shanti mile gyi.' Her expression changed to proud,' lekin madam sir woh puri raat humare sath rhi aur humare...humare.' Rishma in urgency speaks,' What the hell happened?' Karishma makes a weird face and speaks,' What the hell are you thinking!? She just...she hugged me back even in her sleep. She took care of me.' Rishma speaks,' I don't understand it! Why did you let her stay here? Why the hell did you go through pain when you could have just changed your form and you would have been relieved from pain. You cannot bear pain so WHY!?'

Karishma seemed to pause as if she finding the reason or maybe some decent answer and finally, she utters,' She asked me and I just couldn't say no.' Rishma surprised and sarcastically chuckles,' You just couldn't say no! Now, tell me who controls people with spells! She or you? What do you mean you couldn't say no? Is she a manipulative creature like us? SHE'S HUMAN! KARISHMA just a human.' Karishma pours her heart out without thinking, ' I know she is just a Human but even if I have to go through the same pain just to be closer to her. I will choose 'no' thousands of times. I will embrace the pain if it comes with her. And no matter what! I will bear the pain.' Rishma gasps at her confession,' Karishma, Do you love her or something? She mumbles,' How can a human lure a siren!?'

She gets up and goes closer to Rishma, squats down there in front of her, and speaks in desperation,' Do you think she loves me?'

Rishma gets expressionless, seeing her sister like that! She makes her sit on the sofa. She speaks,' What are you saying, Karishma? We are sirens! People don't feel anything for us. We...We just lure them. They are attracted to us, they do not have any real emotional attachment.' She felt hesitating a bit but she states the truth,' How...how can you be sure that she loves you? I mean can even humans truly like us. How can I or even you be sure that she loves you?' She holds Karishma's hand and continues,' Don't fool yourself! Get out of it and come with me.'

She removed her hands, gets up, and move away from her. She speaks in frustration,' Please Rishma just give me some time, let me talk to her!' She turns opposite to her and continues,' After that, I will not bother you and I won't become the obstacle in your way.' She again turns back and saw Rishma standing closer to her before she could register anything. Rishma injects her at the neck and she immediately falls on the sofa. She takes the injection out and calls the two men inside. She looks at her sister figure and speaks,' Take her back to Venice and there shouldn't be any mistake.' She shifts her gaze and continues,' I hope I don't have to repeat myself! I will continue the mission here until then keep her there only!'

One of them picks up Karishma and the other speaks,' I don't understand it! Why I can't stay with you here? I serve you, your protection is my responsibility. And when she doesn't want to come back, why do you want to take her back?' He continues with a more serious expression,' You know if she comes back, a true heir of the throne, she will become the queen!' Rishma with a stern face speaks,' She is my sister...so, think before you speak anything. And I don't like to repeat myself!' She goes upstairs without any further arguments.