• sweetheart •

Kenny's Pov:

A few hours later we left the park, and went back to my house for a change. When we eventually got there, we were greeted with Karen stood at the door, making me realise my parents were out again, or they just hadn't come home since last time. It wouldn't surprise me.

As soon as Y/n saw Karen, she instantly bent down to her level and started talking to her, making her smile after she had most likely been neglected and left with Kevin all week, who was irresponsible and unreliable.

After we had both settled down on the couch, Karen falling asleep on an already asleep Y/n's side, Kevin finally emerged from his room, trudging down the stairs, leaning against the wall next to the side of the couch I was sat on.

"So.." I started, sighing a bit.
"Mum and Dad been back yet?"

Kevin swallowed, glancing down at me.
"No, but I have cooked for Karen and put her to bed every night. I can actually take care of her, Kenny. You forget that I'm still older than you."

"I didn't say that you couldn't take care of her, You just don't have a good history with being responsible." I said, obviously getting a bit annoyed at being called irresponsible.

I pursed my lips and swallowed.

"I'm not arguing with you infront of Karen. But since when we're you responsible?" Kevin said, scoffing.

"Last time I checked, you couldn't go a week without booking up with three different girls!" Kevin raised his eyebrows at me, trying to piss me off.

My face must of gone very red in anger, as Kevin chuckled a little.
"Got nothing to say?" He added on, quietly.

I got up slowly, not wanting to jolt Y/n or Karen. They looked so peaceful, I didn't want
to disturb them with mine and my brothers stupid arguing.

Once I was up, I grabbed hold of my older brothers shirt and pulled him to the kitchen, hearing him protest in anger and annoyance behind me.

"Seriously Kevin?" I spat.
"I come home after a couple weeks, maybe even months, and the first thing you do is try to start an argument? Your riddled with jealousy. It's actually embarrassing."

Kevin glanced around.

"Yeah? Am I?" He spoke, trying to sound confidence but his act wasn't fooling me, I could of heard the shaking in his voice from a mile away.

I walked off, seeing Y/n awake.

"Good timing, we were just about to leave." I went over to Y/n and took her hand, helping her off the couch and over to the door, and seeing Karen still asleep.

"Okay." She said quietly, not protesting.

We walked quietly until we reached a road near her house.
"What happened earlier, why did you wanna leave?" Y/n asked, looking up at me.

I placed a hand on her cheek, stroking it lightly with my thumb.

"Don't worry about it sweetheart ."