✧ ೃ𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐩𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐏𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐞*ੈ✩

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓: 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐒𝐭𝐞𝐩𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐏𝐞𝐚𝐜𝐞

˗ˏˋ ꒰ ♡ ꒱ ˎˊ˗

The pain came first 

I woke up under some rubble, looked like a damn house had fucking fallen on me, and it was going to rip right through my thighs. I was still groggy from just waking up, but I knew I had to go now, and so I put my hands under the fallen roof and pushed as much as I could. I was drained though, my magic was nearly if not 100% gone and my body had felt like I'd been sent flying through multiple houses like a missile. I cried out when I lost my grip, the roof falling back on my thighs with a thump, and a resounding crack echoed through the abandoned street when I shouted at the feeling of a bone breaking. 

What happened, what happened

I needed to get the hell out of here first, there'd be no answering anything if I sat my house under the rubble.

With that in mind, I said fuck the consequences and reached deep within me, stroking that ancient power of mine awake and nearly crying in relief when the red hue surrounded my frame. With the power of gravity, I flung the rubble off me with ease, panting as it left me and a burning feeling travelled throughout me in it's wake.

Bastard

"I can feel her- she's over here!" 

Rouge's voice was the lighthouse I'd needed in this turbulent ocean that was my thoughts,  and I collapsed when they found me. I heard multiple voices, but a new one had piped up that I hadn't heard in a while.

"It's Yosano, Y/N. Looks like you totally disregarded your internal wounds and went and broke your legs, thankfully, if she was a human these wounds would've killed her." Sting's voice snapped when she said 'thankfully', and Dazai just told him to be quiet and watch. I trusted her, so I allowed myself to relax in the lap my head had been gently laid on, and her power washed over me like a cloud of mist. I could hear the fluttering of butterflies and opened my eyes, feeling as good as new, though now that I was awake, I jumped up and out of Rogue's lap. 

"Where is everyone? Take me to them, now." I whispered to her, pleading with my eyes for her to bring me to my family, and to show me the consequences of my carelessness. She knew, the grip she had on her cleaver shown as much, and she forced a stiff nod. 

"You're not gonna like it, but, the original estimated number of 154 deaths decreased to 36 once me and Dazai ran around doing what we could," She was smacked by Dazai for bringing up the casualty rate, and she hissed at him before grabbing my hand and gently leading me away from the boys, who watched me like hawks as I took my first steps in a normal state. The longer we walked, the worse the destruction got, and the metaphoric hole in heart seemed to tear open the more I looked around. We paused when yet another familiar figure, I would recognize the aspiring detecting anywhere.

"Ranpo-" I went to greet him, but he held up a hand and gave me a serious look, well.. as much of a serious look as he could muster, since his eyes were closed as always. 

"There wasn't much you could've done to prevent this, being a god in an almost mortal body means your cataclysmic power wants out. You were a tyrant god in the past, that means your power was used to being able to topple empires and had been sent out in devastating intervals. It's eating you alive since you haven't been using it on a country destruction level, and you've only unlocked half of your power. Once you get a hold of your corrupted form, it'll be easier for you to control your corruption, which is the power you made, you made it and you used to be equals with it so long ago. We have yet to learn what and who regressed you all those centuries ago, meaning someone's at play with my deducing skills.. and it's dark magic as well.." Ranpo looked down, obviously taking it to heart that this information was out of reach, "But I've got 2 ideas for how we can save you from ultimately imploding with the strength of your own power." He lifted up two fingers, and we continued on our walk deeper into town, where I could hear people wailing.