༺𓆩𝐓𝐨 𝐅𝐚𝐥𝐥 𓆪༻

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕: 𝐓𝐨 𝐅𝐚𝐥𝐥

༺𓆩❦𓆪༻

"Zeref, to what do I owe the honor?" 

"Y/N, as beautiful as ever I see." Zeref ignored his sisters question, grabbing her hands and holding them with care. Y/N sighed, looking at her brother who looked as calm as ever. 

"You haven't caused mass destruction in a while, I was beginning to worry." Zeref released her, hands now on her shoulders as he looked over the face of his sister. 

He didn't recognize her one bit, but the love he held for her was all the same. 

"I knew you'd catch on." She smirks, yanking him into a hug and sighing with content as his arms embraced her as well. The little sister he once knew was lost to her new found power, she was as beautiful as she was strong. He couldn't call her his sister.. when he knew, most of the time they spoke.

She wasn't the one talking

 "Is Acnologia the cause of stopping your affect on the death tolls?" Zeref asked, his sister snorting as the two pulled away. Her eyes were what bothered him the most, vacant. Eyes once filled with wonder and passion were now dull and lacking any form of sparkle, his heart.. although, nearly as dead as her own, ached for the loss of the sister he once knew. 

"Wow, you seem to know all the answers today.. because you're right." She smiled, bashful and nearly as bright as it once was. She was glowing, and whenever she smiled at him.. that's how he knew she was still in there, his sister. He smiled back, knowing that she was out. She might not be here for long, so he'll enjoy it while he can. 

"I know you better then you think, now what has he done this time?" Zeref and Y/N made their way into the space Y/N and Acnologia called their home. Being mated for as many years as they've been, they've achieved what they could of a domestic life. 

Despite being as bloodthirsty as they were, they had something that made them more powerful then he was alone. They had love, for each other, and for what they've created. Zeref would never know if it was enough to bring her back, or for her to somehow domesticate the dragon king. He didn't fear Acnologia, for so long as Y/N was around.. her mate knew better when it came to her brother. 

"Do you remember my dreams from so long ago? Well, they've finally come true."

༺𓆩❦𓆪༻

"..and by reviving E.N.D, we may also bring back corruption incarnate, and return to both her and Zeref." 

I blinked once or twice, looking around and noticing I had zoned out again. Memories came at me either in shards or like a movie, and it was throwing me off mentally and physically. Sting had a hand on my shoulder as he stood on my left, Rogue standing to my right. I wonder if they could feel it, if all three of the dragon slayers could feel it.. was I connecting us? All of us?

"We won't let you.." Rogue glowered at Mard Geer, the mention of him attempting to bring me back pissing him off, "If you're so bent on going back, go on your own.. without Y/N." 

"Have you ever wondered.. why Zeref created us?" Mard Geer asked, the tension increasing tenfold as his face and tone grew ominous, "Actually, none of my underlings have realized. We all have a strong obsession with, 'We must return to Zeref' or 'Return to Y/N'. It's an order written in our genes." He gave me a look afterward, and I knew that he was wiling to go as far as he must to fulfill this order, " 'For Zeref', 'Meet Y/N again'.. all these feelings connect to the same truth. Zeref cursed himself for becoming immortal, and in the process; his sister as well. He wanted to die, and wished for his sister to die with him. Eventually, he created something.. that could kill them. Something born to kill the two, in other words.. the demons of Zeref's book."