༺𓆩 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐧𝐝𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞 𓆪༻

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒: 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐄𝐧𝐝𝐠𝐚𝐦𝐞

༺𓆩❦𓆪༻

Attacks went flying after their short stand off, Gray had been taken by that guy that was.. freakishly similar to Gray. I didn't have time to dwell on it, but it was Gray's fight, one that I knew he'd win. I knew that I was one of the objectives, a tired one who was carrying an even more tired friend. But, as per my luck, we ran into Erza's fight with Minerva as I planned to go and hide until I regain my energy. My plan might've worked, if Erza hadn't changed positions and revealed where we were to Minerva; whose eyes widened in a sick glee at my weakened state and just my presence in general.

"Corruption has decided to join us, I see!" Her attention was off of Erza in an instant as she basically teleported right in front of me, knocking me on my ass after she'd punched me in the face. I hissed and quickly brought a hand to my face and evaded her attacks at the same time, still recovering from the little amount of power I was able to use earlier, "I have been reborn as the ultimate mage!" 

I scoffed at her desperate craving for power and knocked her back, when Erza was behind her and prepared to hit as well; she had used territory. She switched our positions and instead of her receiving the kick meant for her, I got kicked instead. Erza quickly helped me up and managed to get us away from Minerva who came back for more, though I was thankful she paid no mind to Lucy. The exchange of attacks continued, and eventually both me and Erza managed to hit her at the same time and sent her flying. Adding fuel to the fire and just further pissing her off.

"I.. I AM-!" 

"God, cut the crap Minerva!" I cut her off and kneed her right in the middle of her back, and took satisfaction at the rough gasp of air she took right after. 

"What are you fighting with!?" Erza questioned her once she stood, and Minerva ran at her to attack, only to get knocked back in her blinded rage. I came from behind and grabbed her arms, only for her to recover at lightning speeds and slam her head into my nose. Ultimately, breaking it. Her fighting style was so similar to mine ages ago, a child lost and looking for answers in the dark, fighting only because that's all she knew how to do. 

She was lost in her own mind, in the past. 

"If I... If I become strong..!" She began once more, and me and Erza ran at her once again. 

"Minerva!" 

She managed to evade Erza's fist, but not mine.

"Wake up, damn it!" I shouted at her, giving her a right hook for the one she gave to me. 

"That unjust path you were on at the grand magic games.. I couldn't accept it but at least I could understand it." Erza panted, stood to my left as we looked down at Minerva, and I felt myself understanding the powerful woman I had made into my enemy. 

"It was all for the sake of Sabertooth, was it not?" I took as many steps necessary to come closer, until I stood right in front of her, "I understand what it's like to be made into a monster, believe me.. I do." my fists clenched at my sides, and my entire body tensed up when she did too.

"This fight.. this fight is meaningless." Erza stood at my side, one of my many longest and closest friends. Minerva looked down, and the smile she had on her face wasn't any near the ones she had shown us earlier. 

"I know, I know.. so, please.. please just kill me.." She looked up to us, her face more pained then I had ever seen before. After going toe to toe with her so many  years, you'd think I knew nearly as much about her as I did Dazai; but, I never bothered with any of them, "I'm weak.. I'm so weak that I succumb to the darkness.. I can't go on living in this body anymore, I beg of you-"