༺𓆩𝐃𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐈𝐭 𝐎𝐟𝐟𓆪༻

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖: 𝐃𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐈𝐭 𝐎𝐟𝐟

༺𓆩❦𓆪༻

Y/N blinked once or twice before her vision came back, her ears were ringing once again and she was unable to make out the muffled voices. She saw Gray, his body was covered in the black markings, and Natsu held her close to his chest, covering her head with his hand in a protective manner. She blacked out again, only this time.. it must've been for a longer period of time compared to the previous visions. 

"To make way.. for the future.. all I can do now is- believe in Natsu, and Y/N.." Gray choked out, falling forward until Y/N caught him with gravity. He was out like a light, and she set him down away from the fight.

Away from what she was about to do.

Her hand was now lifted, keeping what little of her patience intact as she attempted to speak calmly.

"Natsu, I need you to make sure that what I'm about to do doesn't hit you or Gray. There are no buts, no if's.. sit your ass down," She turned around just in time to see him gulp, and she summoned the image of the dead serious guild master she was not too long ago, "Now." 

He hesitated, looking between herself and Mard Geer.. before patting her shoulder and nodding, joining Gray. 

"You-" 

"You piss me off." Y/N snapped, cutting him off and closing her eyes. The air grew heavy as her power charged, and the weight of both her magic and god abilities pinned everyone in the surrounding area to the ground. Both arms were raised, palms out and fingers pointed up as she aimed this attack straight for Mard Geer. 

Sure, he was a demon, but there wasn't a single soul out there capable of defeating corruption. If her brother made him, she was sure it won't take much to get rid of him on her own.. as a goddess. 

Her eyes snapped open, and the ground vibrated violently, cracks forming in the ground beneath us as she locked her eyes with Mard Geer's. 

"Go to hell." She spat, clapping her hands together and watching with narrowed eyes as she released particles of corruption to swarm him. And swarm him they did, with lightning movement and precision.. the particles grew larger and larger. She intertwined her fingers, and the particles caused a massive explosion that came with blinding white light afterward. She quickly closed her eyes again as her body began to feel the effects of such power, and the newfound form of corruption left her as she wobbled where she stood. Finally, she regained her sight and saw what she had left in the wake of her explosive attack. There was a ginormous yawning chasm where Mard Geer had once lain. The Earth was cracked, and particles of corruption crackled in satisfaction at the damage, before returning to her body. She sighed at the feeling of being hole again, and taking this as a moment to sit her ass down. 

"We did it.." Natsu spoke, walking over with a worn out Gray, whose body was now free of black markings. 

"Yeah.. that was.. that was crazy." She caught her breath, falling into Gray who caught the woman carefully.

"It's not over yet, not until I've destroyed E.N.D.." Gray spoke, his grip around her shoulder tightening slightly. 

"Oh yeah, that book! Igneel asked me to take it to him." Natsu looked over to the other two with his grin, face bloodied, remaining unbothered. 

"I said, I'm destroying it." Gray cut in, though he did not make a move. 

"Cut the crap!" Natsu argued, and Gray now had the book in hand. Y/N remained leaning against him as support, not siding with either boy as she decided what to do.