༺𓆩𝐓𝐨 𝐑𝐢𝐬𝐞𓆪༻

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓: 𝐓𝐨 𝐑𝐢𝐬𝐞

༺𓆩❦𓆪༻

"I knew you'd be here." 

Eyes laser focused, looking straight and longingly at a man she couldn't recognize. Despite thinking that, the burning brand of familiarity struck her heart and her mind like a bullet. She heard her voice, felt the vibrations as well; but that wasn't her talking. 

This was a long forgotten memory, wasn't it?

She was met with silence, the man didn't move an inch to let her know he acknowledged her; he too, was laser focused, on the horizon ahead that is. 

"Ah, silent treatment. Do you still hate me for our little sparring match?" She teased, her body moving on it's own accord and her hand lazily moving to his shoulders. It felt familiar as well, as if they had done it hundreds of times; been here, hundreds of times. The man laughed, the sound itself sending a foreign; yet welcomed flutter in her stomach, her heart. 

"I'm not as petty as you, though.. I won't pretend that you don't piss me off." He scoffed, turning to look at Y/N, and the girl felt as if she'd melted into a puddle. His face, not one that Y/N had recognized.. now at least, but she did what she could to ingrain his face into her mind. It didn't appear to be difficult, since both herself and the mystery man seemed to be staring at each other; truly taking one another in. 

He had darker skin, his eyes were probably the sharpest blues she's ever locked her own onto; and her heart stuttered at the attention. Full lips, the lips that looked as if they'd fit her own like two pieces of the same puzzle. Strong and sharp jaw, everything about him seemed sharp; he seemed like a honed weapon ready and fully prepared to inflict all sorts of pain. His body was like a piece of art, her hands tingling with yet another familiar feeling; the feeling of his skin and muscles under her palms. Everything about him set her bod on fire, not the bad kind.. the kind that made her fully aware they both had known each other far deeper then any friendship. 

"I think you'll live." She finally broke the silence softly, and he rolled his eyes and returned to his gazing; Y/N now at his side, and he seemed content, they both did in their silence. The wind rustled his long waves of hair, resembling a calm ocean; though Y/N knew better, he was anything but calm. 

At least, when it was just the two of them alone, he'd do what was needed to properly appreciate these moments; to appreciate her. She felt calm, though this was a calm to be compared to one within a storm; a typhoon, of which the both of them were.

Though, combined, the two of them were a calamity when with one another. Y/N knew that, she felt it as much as she could feel the wind gently running across her face. She also knew, however, that this was a memory. Not one she made as Y/N Nakahara, but those she's had as the goddess of calamity; a living nightmare, a god. 

Yet, this man, whoever this guy.. was, he made her feel as if the two of them weren't anything more then two people whom loved one another's company; who loved, loved with a power that threatened to consume them entirely. He turned to her, palm against his cheek and elbow propped up on the railing they leaned on. 

"You.. you're painfully beautiful, It makes me want to tear you apart." He spoke with sincerity, and though some might take his words as a sign to run for the hills; she knew better, and smiled at the compliment. His love was unlike anything she's ever felt, anything she's ever had; and Y/N watched through the eyes of whom she can only assume was her former self.