༺✧ 𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐲 ✧༻

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒: 𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐲

༺✧ ♔ ✧༻

"Juvia's finally asleep." Wendy sighed, and we all stood outside, me and Natsu in the rain while the others stood under the roof. River was sound asleep inside as well, his cradle was one hell of a bitch to put together, but.. I'm glad I had Natsu doing it for me, surprised he hasn't broken it yet, "You said you'd find him, but.. how do we know where to even start?"

"I don't have anything on his whereabouts in my memos.." Lucy sighed, and I clenched my hands into fists. My leather jacket rested on my shoulders, and my sleeves lay lifeless on either side of me, my arms were crossed over my chest while me and Natsu stood arm to arm. 

"What's wrong, Natsu? Your face is scary.." Happy asked, and I looked at said face from the corner of my eye. 

"It's somewhere around here, wasn't it?" Natsu asked, and we all looked at him with raised eyebrows, "We're going to Sabertooth." 

"HUH!?" I jumped along with the others in surprise, I hadn't even noticed we were that close.. but, it'd be the best to leave him there with Yukino and Minerva.. Sting and Rogue will be glad to see the two of us, it's been a few days since we've last been together. 

༺✧ ♔ ✧༻

We ditched the horse, dumb ass idea.. but, it technically wasn't our fault. The damned thing ran off, and so now Natsu had to fit all three of us on his huge Ox, which I don't think was much of a problem. I was in the front, hands on the reigns as we made our way to Sabertooth, Natsu sat behind me and Lucy was in the rear. I had the baby, so I got the front, and River seemed to be having the time of his life. We left Wendy and Carla with Juvia, since we couldn't just leave her there with a high fever, and I hoped that the three of them were doing okay..

"I see it!" Happy cheered, flying beside us and getting me and Lucy to look over to my guild hall. 

"It's huge!" Lucy gaped, and I laughed at her reaction.

"Ahhh, it feels so good to be home." I sighed with a content smile, my eyes aimed at guild hall for a few seconds before I focused on the road again.

"Hey Natsu.. do you really think Sabertooth has information on Gray?" Lucy asked, and I shrugged, despite the question not being for me. Since I've been in Sabertooth, I haven't heard jack shit about anyone.. I've been to the guild hall dozens of times, since our house was basically nearby. We didn't live in the guild hall, safety for River and I- since obviously bad people and paparazzi would look there first. 

"Can't say for sure.." Natsu answered back, and I sighed at his lack of a proper answer. Let's hope we're not showing up on a whim, because Sting and Rogue.. and Minerva, and Yukino.. yeah, all of them are going to lose it on me for leaving with River so suddenly. Natsu turned around to face Lucy, the blonde jumping in surprise, "Listen up Lucy, I believe in Gray. But, this time I won't get any information unless I stop trusting in him. It means I'll stop trusting in him until I find him, that's it. Lucy.." Natsu leaned closer to her, and I knew this because I was watching them instead of looking ahead. I've wanted them to get together for so long, but- Natsu's clueless, god bless Lucy and her somewhat patience, "I will definitely bring Gray back, this I promise you. Both of you." Natsu looked back at me, and I smiled at him and pat his shoulder. 

"All right, love birds.. Sabertooth awaits!" I turned back to face the road like I should've been a while ago, and ignore Lucy's squawks of disagreement with my term 'love birds'.