༺✧𝐑𝐞𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝✧༻

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐: 𝐑𝐞𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝

༺✧ ♔ ✧༻

"Alright.. random guy totally shows everyone up at the Grand Magic Games, you said he was a crazy powerful wizard.. he's in the king's custody, but.. why are we here?" I looked at Lucy with a suspicious frown, obviously missing key details in her story. River was in my arms admiring the scenery, since we were at the kings palace. 

I hadn't been back in Crocus since.. well, the last Grand Magic Games, and it wasn't exactly the best time for me afterward. Most of my followers were here, and it's been one hell of a time avoiding them and keeping River as hidden as I could. He was a few months old, and most definitely not prepared to be bombarded by a paparazzi raid. 

"You'll see, he should be getting out any minute now." Lucy smiled at me with a grin that rivaled the sun, so I stopped bugging and waited a moment or two more.

"Lucy- and.. Y/N?!" 

My eyes widened a dangerous amount when someone I recognized entered my vision. None other then Natsu Dragneel, long scraggly pink hair and all. He wore a ripped black cape, and his signature scarf from Igneel. Happy was right at his side, as always, looking as happy as ever. Natsu came running over to us in his excitement, to see me, and so I handed River to Lucy carefully.

"Hold him real quick, I have something to do." I handed her to him gently, but my rage was tangible when the force of him plopping into her arms caused the wind to violently stir up at the moment. Natsu was within my reach, and the second his face was close enough.

I punched him into the ground with a hint of my power, cracking the stone beneath us and creating a small crater. There was a huge gap and crevice where Natsu was free falling into the Earth. I heard Lucy gasp from behind me, and I wiped my hands against each other with a grunt, turning around and grabbing River from Lucy's arms.  

"Tell him to kiss my ass, I'll be at your house cooling down with some wine." I snapped at her, angrily walking back to the home Lucy said I could make my own for the short time I was here for.

Natsu Dragneel had done the one thing nobody else dared to do, piss me off. 

.

.

I'd done just as I said I would, came home and put on something for River to watch, then sat my ass down and chugged some wine. Lucy had kept some for me just in case, and thank god for that. She'd been gone for a while, so I assumed she was giving Natsu and Happy the run down of what's happened. 

And why everyone left, scattered with the winds as well.

My eyes lingered on her map, pin pointing the locations of sightings and such. I helped a few times, but if I thought on it for too long.. I'd lose my mind, and it already hurt so much. It felt like I had barely gotten them back, after all those years of suffering and straight up pain.. they left again, and none of them stood around when it came to River. Nobody was there, except for Cana and Lucy of course. Cana left too, out and about doing god knows what, I barely heard from her now. 

I heard the door open, and Lucy talking to who could only be Natsu. 

River ended up passing out on the couch near the front door, and I walked over to grab him as Natsu and Happy admired the home Lucy had made for herself. I ignored them as they praised her for allowing them to stay, and I held River close as Natsu stood up and smiled at me, as if nothing was wrong whatsoever. 

"Unlike Lucy, I'm frankly unhappy that you're here. But, in respect for our host, I'll deal with it." I narrowed my eyes at him, making both him and Happy flinch back as I made my way to the guest bedroom she had kept especially for me and River. There was a crib and a queen bed, a nice bay window and bookshelf. It was perfect, and made me love Lucy all the more. I put River to bed just as Natsu burst in, and he nearly slammed the door into the wall when he saw my murderous glare, making sure not to make too much noise. He had his old hair style back, must've been the handiwork of cancer.