Twenty Four

"This is your new home" I tell my new furry friends when I was running home. See I needed to clear my head so I went for a jog, imagine my surprise when I stumped upon a box and inside were three shivering stripped tabby kittens with blue eyes and white on their chins to their belly along with two solid color cram colored kittens with dark eyes. All the kittens were fluffy and adorable. Because I was thinking about death and how these kittens don't even have a chance, I decide to adopt them then and there. I'll be out of Charlie's house soon so I'll bring them with me.

"Now what to name you?" I wonder aloud

"Hela?" Charlie comes over "what do you have—kittens?" He looks in the box "why do you have five kittens?"

"I found them" I explain to him "I adopted them, now I'm naming them" he stares at me "I'll feed, potty train them and clean up after them. Give them a chance...please"

He sighs "Alright, just make sure their trained" nodding my head, I take the kittens upstairs to my room and look up what I need. But first I get them a bowl of milk which they all quickly drink up. Changing my clothes, I put on a red long sleeved crop top with white strips on each sleeve, a black short jumpsuit with converse.

I quickly headed to the store to buy what I needed before coming home and I started to potty train them

I quickly headed to the store to buy what I needed before coming home and I started to potty train them. "Okay, so I'll call you Cream Puff" looking at the one of the twin kittens then the other one "you'll be Sugar. Now you three kittens" they meow looking up at me "I'll name you...Roxy, Cookie and Cinnamon" checking each one, I see their all girls. Guess I don't need to fix any of them since their all girls.

"Are those kittens?" Jumping when I hear a female voice, turning around my eyes widen seeing Alice Cullen in the doorway. She's completely dressed in white, from head to toe.

"Alice?" I ask standing up "what are you doing here? In Forks? I thought you guys left"

"We did" she says shaking her head "I'm the only one back, I had a vision of Bella jumping off a cliff" I stare at her, so Bella is finally ending our misery? Finally! "I'm sorry about Johnny"

"Thanks" muttering as I stroke the kittens fur.

"If I had known when he was going to die"

I'm sorry? But she said when, not 'if I had known he was going to die' she added 'when' "Did you" I ask looking at her "know?" She's silent "Alice fucking Cullen" my voice low and dangerous that she takes a step back "tell me right the fuck now"

Gulping "I had a vision after your first date that he was going to die" tears well in my eyes "then I had a vision of you going hiking and him being killed"

"By what?" Clenching my hands into fists "I saw the report...what killed him?"

"It was a wolf shifter" she tells me "a wolf with dark silver fur" Paul. Paul fucking Lahote killed the first man I ever loved. Why? Why the fuck did he do that? Revenge? Jealousy? What?

Closing my eyes, I punch the bridge of my nose "What day did you have the vision?"

"What?"

"What" opening my eyes to look at her "day did you have the vision?"

"November 5th" the day it happened "in the morning, I didn't know when it would happen but..." when she leaves, I sit on the bed and start to cry. My phone goes off and I see it's Xavier.

"Hello" I answer

"The Cullens are vampires?" He demands "Leah's ex is a wolf shifter?"

"How did you figure out?" I ask

"Leah just shifted before my eyes" he tells me

"She's a shifter?" I ask "god...Xavier, this was a secret that I didn't want to tell because it's not my secret. I'm human, not supernatural. Please understand that Johnny and I"

"Johnny knew?" He demands

"Fuck" cursing "look" choking up "can we talk about this later, with Leah present?"

"Are you alright?" He asks

"No" whispering taking a moment before saying "I just found out that Johnny was murdered...I need some time"

"Tell me everything when you can" Xavier says before hanging up, I lie down crowding into a hall crying since I had just felt the wave of pain from when Johnny died come back.

The door opens and I see the last person ever "Get out" standing up looking at Paul in fury.

"No" shaking his head "there is a leech here and" the kittens start to hiss at him seeing him and probably sensing his mongrel nature.

"Get out!" Screaming at him as more tears run down my face "or I swear I'll kill you"

"What's going on?" I see Jacob up here

"I want Paul out of here" I order "I hate you Paul Lahote"

"What happened?" Jacob asks as Paul growls "what did that leech say to poison your mind against me?"

"I know how Johnny died" Paul stiffens and he pales "leave my room, my home and my life" Jacob pushes Paul out of here and I sit down crying more, the kittens jump onto my lap trying to comfort me.

Just then Alice Cullen comes in "Hela? I know this is possibly the last thing you'd ever want to do but...do you want to come to Volterra" the vampire court where I could die and be with Johnny again? "Rosalie will be here to watch over and train the kittens"

"Yes" nodding my head