Fifty Two

"Morning" Felix looks my way as I go over to him giving him a hug, he goes to kiss me but I cover my mouth "morning breath"

"I don't care" he moves my hand "what your breath tastes like" he kisses me anyway, my toes curl as goosebumps come across my skin.

Pulling away when we hear a throat clear, we see Demetri here and he hands me some breakfast "Thanks" looking around "isn't the snow pretty? Perfect to torture people in"

Demetri snorts as Felix merely rubs my back "I thought she was going to say something along the lines of ice skating or"

"The right trap and an ice dancer can no longer ice dance" I say to them "or they simply go bye bye"

"I'm curious" Demetri asks "in your dreams do you dream of cotton candy or chocolate or anything that is sweet and nothing psycho?"

I think about it and ask "Do talking dolls that eat people count?"

"I don't think" shaking his head "the mind reader or anyone with soul reading abilities should be inside of that mind" waving to my head "I know I'd be traumatized"

"Ooh" I clap my hands realizing "for Halloween I have the perfect way to scare the shit out of children and adults" they stare at me "Halloween is my favorite holiday, scaring children—I remember one Halloween where I nearly put Bella in the psych ward for my costume"

"What did you go as?" Felix asks

"An older version of her" they snort "Bella's greatest fear is to age"

"That's why you don't want her knowing when she'll be turned" Demetri nods his head understanding "think she'll be turned when she's all wrinkly and old or not turned at all—then again that may happen"

The zipper unzips then and Bella looks our way before asking "What?"

"Reminiscing through the time I scared you on Halloween" shrugging my shoulders

"That wasn't funny" shaking her head

Shrugging my shoulders again "Mom and Phil thought it was"

She huffs out shaking her head "God help us all" she mutters "when your a vampire"

"I think that's the nicest thing" I tell my mate and Demetri "she's said about me—wait did anyone tell the kings about when she'll be turned?"

"She did" Felix says and I nod my head understanding.

"Hi Seth" I smile petting Seth's head before he runs off into the woods, he's going to be here to give a mental connection to the battle. Not my idea or choice. Sue did say as long as he wasn't in the battle "I never think I've asked before" looking at my mate and Demetri ignoring Bella as she goes over to Edward "but what happens if you turn a child?" They stiffen at that, Edward I notice does too "so bad..."

"Very bad" nodding their heads

"To change a child" Felix says "is a crime, a very serious crime. Hundreds of years ago female vampires would turn children because they wanted to forever have a children but they were damning the child to never growing up. Then there was the matter of control and if the child could be taught"

"They couldn't" Demetri shakes his head "the Denali's, Kate's creator created an immortal child"

"A single tantrum" Felix says "could destroy an entire village, they couldn't keep our secret"

"Poor child" I give some sympathy

"Your marrying him?" We look over to see Jacob standing there shirtless and upset, I'm guessing Bella and Edward finally decided to tie the knot.