In a Spider's Room part 1

'Oh, good. There you are,' Machi said, startling you as she suddenly materialized next to you in the small hallway outside your room, 'Feitan wants to see you. You probably shouldn't keep him waiting.'

You nodded a bit confused, wondering what he might want,

'Yeah, I've noticed he's usually not a very patient person,' you agreed, 'Where is he? Kitchen?'

'He was heading to his room, so you should probably try there.'

His room? You had never been there and had no idea where it was.

'Er, his room?' you said, looking around as if the direction would magically show itself to you. Fortunately Machi took pity on you,

'You've never been there? I'll show you, come with me,' and she steered you through the main living room towards a hallway you had not been in before.

To be honest, you had spent all your time here either in your room, the kitchen, or the living room even though the house was huge. Phinks had made it quite clear that you were not supposed to roam around, and so far you had obeyed and kept from exploring. Now you looked around curiously as she led you further away from those well-known areas.

'So that's Shalnark's room,' Machi said pointing at a door, then continued pointing out the rest of them, 'Phinks, Nobunaga, and this is Feitan's.'

She stopped in front of a black wooden door, knocked, then left you with a wave of her hand and a vague, 'Good luck, see you later'.

For some reason you suddenly felt nervous, and you ran your fingers through your hair a couple of times wondering what he could possibly want. You hadn't really seen him around since he had taken you to your apartment two days ago. It wasn't long until the door opened, and Feitan, as usual in soft black pants and a plain black t-shirt asked you to come in.

His room turned out to be at least four times the size of yours, with tall bookshelves dividing the space so it looked more like a two-room apartment. There were books everywhere, and a huge desk was covered in arts material and sketches. From what you could see from where you were standing they were really good, and you were dying to get a closer look.

'I didn't know you're an artist,' you said, impressed.

'Like to draw,' he answered, glancing towards the desk. When you turned to get a better look, he smoothly grabbed one of your hands, his strong thumb pushing your pinky slightly back.

'What are you doing?' you asked suspiciously, trying to pull your hand free.

'Need ask something. You tell truth.'

Feitan's face was completely calm as his thumb slowly moved up and down the inside of your finger, and you were certain he wouldn't bat an eyelid if he decided to actually break it. His fingers were warm and the touch felt oddly comforting, though you were sure that wasn't the feeling he was aiming for.

'Shoot,' you told him, then added, 'I'm not going to lie to you, just how dumb do you think I am?'

'You Hisoka friend. Know where he is now?' he almost hissed the name, it was clear that he was not happy with whatever the magician had done to them.

Hisoka? That's what he wanted to ask about? What the hell should you tell him? That Hisoka had brutally raped you, but in the process somehow cured you from the trauma that had kept you paralyzed with fear for years, and that you now considered him almost a friend? Fat chance, you thought. That wasn't something you wanted to talk about, not to anyone. Besides you did not want to give Feitan any reason to think of you as a victim. It was painfully clear that he already considered you to be pathetically weak. You felt the pressure increase on your finger, indicating that he expected quicker answers.