A Spider's Vengeance Part 1

Okay, trigger warnings implied SA and torture.

~ * ~

'You ready?' Feitan squeezed your fingers in what he probably thought was a reassuring way, and you nodded though your mouth was dry from nervousness and your chest and belly felt like shivering jelly.

'Yes,' you said somehow making the word sound confident as you stared at the inconspicuous small villa in front of you. Unsurprisingly there were no close neighbors, they required privacy for whatever shady business they were involved in now.

'You didn't change your mind then?' Shalnark pointed out. 'You could wait here in the car and let us handle it. There's no need to prove anything.'

'Thanks, but I need to do this.'

'Good girl,' Phinks added, placing a huge hand on your shoulder and you smiled. They had both insisted on accompanying you and while they jokingly had assured you it was solely to make sure Fei wouldn't screw up or let Hisoka get close enough to kill you both, you knew that wasn't the real reason.

'So, there are at least two of them in there, plus whoever was in the house before they got home. With luck, we'll get one each.' They all laughed and you couldn't help but smile at their enthusiasm, even if you didn't share it. While you wanted this over with, you were not looking forward to the process.

'Let's go.' Phinks took the lead as you approached the house.

'I don't know their abilities, but I don't think they're a match to you guys,' you said. 'At least back then it seemed they were more into stealth than fighting, though they did get hurt often enough to...'

...to go to the trouble of kidnapping a healer to keep as their prisoner, pet, whatever. They'd been your clients before, just some of the many Hunters your Grandpa's connections had set you up with. Only a routine healing session, one of many. Except that this time, instead of paying, they had drawn knives. The expression on your grandpa's face stood out clearly in your mind. Much more so than the pain as a fist hit the side of your head and you passed out. When you woke up you'd been alone, tied up and blindfolded in a basement that would have been pleasant under other circumstances.

Surprisingly quietly Shal pried the lock open and you all entered a narrow hallway. Soft music was coming from the kitchen and Fei took off, closely followed by Phinks, while Shal dragged you the other way. The house was small and it didn't take you long to go through the three bedrooms and living room without finding anyone. It was disappointing until you entered the kitchen and saw Phinks throw a knocked-out man over his shoulder, and the reality of it hit your guts harder than a punch. You recognized him as one of your kidnappers, their leader, a monster with a human name...Reg, no, Reggie . That was it, you remembered. It sounded much too innocent for someone like him.

Fei looked at a wooden door in the corner and promptly went to open it, and then immediately continued down the stairs it had hidden. There was a basement. Of course, they had to have a fucking basement...

Heart pounding you made your way downstairs after Fei, forcing yourself to look around. Obviously, this basement wasn't the one you'd been kept in, but it was very similar. There was the big sofa and television, as well as a small fridge that you knew would be full of beer and other drinks. A huge dining table was used as a desk, covered with books and maps and various strange-looking objects and documents. On the wall right next to the staircase were two doors. One led to a tiny bathroom and the other to a fair-sized room, probably intended for storage but now empty except for a large bed. It wasn't made, and there were old bloodstains on the sheets. Shuddering you turned away and pushed the door shut, it was all too easy to imagine what had been going on in there.