Three Spiders and a Bomber Part 2

~ * ~

'There.' You pointed to the lithe white-clad figure running up one of the main roads leading away from the square you had just arrived at. Heading away from you. 'Cards again or we run?'

'No waste card until he do. We catch like this.' Fei took off after Genthru with you close at his heels. You had no idea where Chrollo was. At some point during this insane hunt you had been separated, you were not even sure when or where. You'd spent hours chasing Genthru all over the island, as he kept hopping between cities, using up most of your travel cards. Perhaps Chrollo had simply run out? You'd given him plenty, but still not as many as you and Feitan had. By now you had lost track of how many times you'd felt that now all too familiar and sickening sensation of being hurtled through the air when using Magnetic Force, Return, or any of the others. Not that it mattered right now, you thought as you increased your speed to follow Fei as he raced through the street, roughly shoving players and NPCs to the side as he pursued his prey.

There, now you saw him too. Genthru had run himself into a corner close to the city wall, and he turned to face you, a dark ball of nen covering each of his hands as he with a smirk took his stance.

'Well, well. If it isn't my tiny pursuers. I won't give you the Angel's Breath, of course, but I happen to have a few copies of Doyen's growth cards. I can let you have those.' He chuckled as his eyes moved between you, cold and calculating despite his insults. 'You two could definitely use them.'

'And why would we want to be freakishly tall like you?' You snapped back as you and Fei slowly closed in on him. 'Just give us the card we want and you won't get hurt.' Fei let out a strangled huff at your words, he obviously had every intention of causing hurt no matter what you said.

'Hurt yes. Kill no. Give Angel, you live. Maybe. But either way, you pay with pain for what you do.'

Genthru studied Feitan's face, or what little could be seen of it, and suddenly looked less sure of himself. The aura around his hands flickered and dissolved and like a giant cat, he leaped up on the wall and disappeared on the other side. You and Fei swore simultaneously and took off after him once more.

Feitan caught up to him first and unceremoniously tackled him, his sheer momentum sending both of them flying. Your eyes widened as you watched them tumble down a rather steep hill, coming to a stop in a little clearing surrounded by pale green trees. When you caught up with them Fei had Genthru on his knees, one arm twisted hard behind his back.

Even in this position, with his now cracked glasses askew Genthru seemed confident. Too confident.

'So, are you curious about how my little bombs work? All I need to do to activate them is to...' his words turned into a strangled cry of pain, and you stared in shock and disbelief at the slender blade that was piercing his tongue, preventing him from pulling it back inside his mouth. You had not even seen Fei's hands move, but now one of his hands was holding Genthru's chin while the other held the handle of the thin knife. Genthru's eyes were bulging and whimpering sounds came from his open mouth.

'We know already. You no speak until Boss get here.'

He only got pained whimpers in reply, and he looked at you, motioning for you to come closer.

'You remember how to disarm them?' You asked as you stood next to Fei and he nodded.

He let go of Genthru's face and placed one bloodstained hand on his shoulder instead, his fingers digging in harder than necessary, daring him to move. You too placed a hand on one white-clad shoulder, keeping your eyes firmly fixed on Fei, trying to ignore the sounds and the blood dripping from Genthrus's still open mouth.