Three Spiders and a Bomber Part 1

~ * ~

The stream of light in the sky carrying the Bomber away from you was no longer visible, and you grasped Fei's hand, giving it what you hoped was a comforting squeeze.

'We should be fine for now,' you said, your voice betraying that you weren't quite as sure of this as you'd like to be, 'It won't activate until he explains his abilities to us, so as long as we stay away from him we should be safe.'

'How get it off? Can't kill him before. Post-mortem nen bomb must be bad.'

You nodded. If a small amount of post-mortem nen could put someone as resilient as Kalluto in a coma, these bombs would certainly become very bad indeed.

'We just need to catch up with him, touch him and say "I caught the Bomber." But he'll be on his guard now, so the actual catching might be hard.'

'Book,' Feitan said, taking out a card and holding it up. 'Clairvoyance, on. Genthru.'

Standing next to him you looked down at his book, all of Genthru's cards were now neatly listed on the last page.

'So he really does have an Angel's Breath,' you exclaimed, pointing to it, relieved to have it confirmed.

'Yeah, but he also have many travel cards. More than we. Can play catch for long time.'

'So what should we do now? Sell the card and buy as many spell card packs as we can, hoping to get the last ones we need? Maybe we get the word out that we're willing to buy them from other players too?'

Feitan's eyes narrowed.

'We sell queen spider, buy as many travel card we can carry.' He chuckled rather evilly, 'We have two books, more room, so we hunt him down. Take Angel Breath.' He looked pointedly at the lumpy bomb on your shoulder. 'Then, I make him pay.'

'Yes,' you nodded, reaching for his hand that was tightly clenched into a fist. You raised it to your lips and pressed a kiss on his knuckles. 'I know you will.'

The next many days were spent doing just that. After selling your rare monster card, you bought a ridiculous amount of packs with spell cards, selling and trading everything you didn't need, keeping only travel and protection spells. You were just heading back to the small house you had rented in Masadora when Fei's book pinged.

'Another player has cast "contact" on you.'

Fei opened the book with a grumpy 'Yeah, what?'.

'Going that well, is it?' Shalnark's voice came through. 'Or was I disturbing you at a bad time?'

'You're fine,' you assured him. 'We had a small setback, but we're solving it.'

'That explains the grump. So what's going on?'

'Don't you want to meet up instead?'

'Nah, I'm still at the entry. Some fool tried to rob me as soon as got in, so I got a few nice cards. This was one of them, so we might as well use it.' He paused, 'Besides, I can't stay long anyway. So, what about that setback you mentioned?'

You and Feitan took turns explaining everything that had happened since the last time, and Shal seemed suitably impressed, even though he did laugh a lot more than you thought was necessary.

'The Bomber, huh? I remember hearing lots of stories about him last time. It seems they were not exaggerating then.'

'No,' you agreed and Feitan grunted something next to you. 'Fei even suggested that Chrollo might be interested in him and his abilities.'