Tea with some Spiders part 2

~ * ~ 

The conversation with Machi kept repeating itself in your mind the rest of the night, as well as during your training session the next morning. You knew that what she said made sense, and you did want to be honest with him. Still, you winced at the thought of how utterly embarrassing that particular conversation would be. But, when you and Feitan headed back from the training area in the basement, you decided that it was about time, but first there was something you wanted to know. Something that had been bothering you for some time but you'd been too awkward and shy to ask.

'There's something I've been meaning to tell you,' you said, a bit hesitantly, 'but first I'd like to ask you something if that's ok.'

'Ask.'

'When you...interrogate people for the spiders, some of them are women, right?'

'Yeah.'

'Do you... er... treat them any different than the men you interrogate?'

'What you mean? Get information matter. Gender not.' You winced, he really had no clue as to what you were trying to ask.

'I mean, do you use any special... uh... techniques just for women?' Was that clear enough? You really didn't want to spell it out for him.

'All have fingers. Both men and women. Break easy. All have nails too.' Rolling your eyes, you sighed. You'd have to ask him directly it seemed.

'What I'm trying to ask is, do you ever use...er... rape? Um, ever?'

That actually made him stop and turn to look at you.

'Why ask? You jealous?'

You felt your cheeks turn bright red. God, he could be too direct sometimes.

'Mostly start with break fingers. Or just use knife,' he explained with a glow in his eyes you had not seen before. He then enthusiastically started ticking things off on his fingers. 'Peel nail, cut skin, smash toes, pop eyes out, pull teeth. Sometimes more complicated work if time. Many ways.'

He caught your eyes, 'No use sex. Never.'

He must have seen the relief on your face because he gave you a barely visible wink, then with a completely straight face added, 'Sex not efficient. Red hot poker better. Actually, hot metal always good.'

He must be joking, you thought, but you weren't entirely sure. You were also a bit surprised at how easy it was for you to shrug off the rather extensive list of things he had just admitted to doing and, going by his expression, really enjoyed doing to other humans, so you laughed a bit nervously. Now it was his turn to look serious.

'Why you ask? Really?'

Losing heart and more than a little embarrassed you mumbled something unintelligible, and he gave you a suspicious look. His frown grew deeper, then his face darkened and his hands suddenly slammed into the wall on each side of your head, caging you in, and you let out a surprised yelp.

'You afraid I attack you? Rape you?' he suddenly looked absolutely furious, and you blinked. You weren't sure how you'd expected him to react to your questions, but this for sure wasn't it. This was not going well at all.

'No, Fei, I like you, and I trust you,' you said as softly as you could, 'You know that. I'm trying to tell you that others did, before.'

His expression didn't change so you were not sure if he was listening to you at all, and you really wished you had just kept your mouth shut. Great advice, Machi. Really.

'Who?'

Well, since it was too late to take it back, you took a deep breath and started telling him the same things you had told Machi yesterday, but didn't get far before his fists slammed deep into the wall again. The sound of concrete cracking around you made you wince.

'How many?' his voice was deceivingly quiet.

'Three, that time. Then Hisoka. But really...'

He punched the wall again, this time hard enough to make big pieces of it crumble to the floor, leaving deep holes. Then he started talking harshly in a language you did not recognize, his eyes completely black, his aura going wild as it expanded crazily, making his hair stand on end. You reached up to touch his face, trying to calm him down.

'Fei, come back, please,' but a second later you were pressed against the wall as his escaped bloodlust took over the world, turning everything into that red hot rage you had briefly seen once before. You managed to put your arms around his neck, talking quietly into his ear, and you thought you could hear other voices as well, far in the distance. After what seemed to be an eternity he finally calmed down and his aura returned to normal.

'Welcome back,' you whispered, your arms still tightly wrapped around him.

'What the hell were you thinking Fei?' Phinks shouted at him, 'You idiot, you could have torn the whole damn house down.'

You turned your head to see Phinks and Machi staring at the two of you. Feitan slowly disentangled from your arms, his face still cold and distant as he looked around and took in your flushed face, the crumbled wall behind you, and the annoyed look on Phinks's face. Machi looked like she wasn't sure whether she should be laughing or scolding him.

'Talk more later,' Feitan said without looking at you as he walked away, he paused briefly next to Phinks, but you couldn't hear what they said. Then he picked up his pace and was gone just before Nobunaga and Kalluto came around the corner, wondering what all the ruckus was about.

'You ok? He didn't hurt you did he?' Phinks asked when you came over to them.

'No, no, I'm fine, just a bit... overwhelmed,' you assured him. 'He can be pretty... intense, can't he?'

'Damned hothead should know better than to lose his shit like that,' Phinks grunted, cursing loudly as he looked at the broken wall.

'You told him, I guess,' Machi said. 'Have to admit I didn't expect that reaction.' She gave you a long look, then smiled, 'Seems he likes you a bit more than I thought.'

'Maybe telling him was a mistake,' you said, biting your lip. 'He'll be ok, right?' you asked, looking in the direction Feitan had left in, and she laughed.

'Fei? No need to worry about him. He'll be fine, it's more a question of whether the city will survive him or not. He'll be back when he's had some time to think things through.'

'What are you talking about Machi? You had something to do with this?' Phinks asked her, pointing to the broken wall, looking more than a little suspicious.

'You mean you haven't figured it out yet?' she teased him, then looked over at Nobunaga.

'You want to go out for a bit?' He nodded, 'Sure,' and the two of them walked away, leaving Phinks glaring after them.

'Did you and Feitan have a fight?' Kalluto asked, picking up a piece of the wall, studying it curiously. You smiled at him.

'No, he just got a bit upset.'

'Oh, ok,' he thought about it. You had noticed that Kalluto always thought about things, 'That's good. I like you and I think I would be sad if Feitan kills you.'

'I like you too. You know that right?' you said, as you started walking back towards the kitchen, and he followed you, leaving Phinks to ponder the damaged wall.

'So tell me, did you have a good time with Illumi yesterday?'