Prologue

Flashback

I was clad in a deep red lehanga for my wedding sitting on the bed of my husband,Mr.Rishab Shekhawat.It was a simple arranged marriage where my father and his father wanted to turn their friendship into a relationship.Looks like we were the scapegoat of their wishes.

Soon i heard some bickering outside the room,it must be his sister asking for money to get in.Kriya Shekhawat my sister-in-law is a sweet girl.Everyone in his family are sweet.The sounds gradually decreased and entered Rishab ji.He locked the door and came and sat beside me.

My heartbeat gradually increasing and my body stiff feeling his touch on my wrist.He helped me into the vanity and slowly removed all my jewelry and helping me removing those pins.If this is what arrange marriage looks like....I have always seen my parents fighting and doubting on each other but still there is some connection between them unknown to themselves.

Soon he removed the last clip and the veil pinned with my bun discarded on the floor and my deep brown locks fell on my shoulders.It is a relief not having those dozens of pins on my head.I looked at him and he was in his sweatpants and a black T-shirt.

Our eyes locked and his eyes were the deepest.I could even drown in them.He never confessed anything though we were engaged for 6 months since I wanted myself to be stable enough for my future.We never met except for those family dinners and at meetings.

"You're the sun of my life,you illuminate my life like the sun does of moon"He said and left the closer.

Flashback ends

Meera woke up with a jolt.It was one of the best times of her marriage.Its been two years she is married and two years since she is broken not only by her so-called husband but also his grandmother.She covered her naked self and walked into the bathroom and took a shower.

Everything changed on their honeymoon.If suppose she would have agreed to him,today she would be happy with her Rishab ji.Only if she could.She heard the bathroom door opening and saw him entering with a towel covering his lower body.He looked at her who was in the shower with a bathrobe on and her eyes red from continuous crying.

"If you're done crying,leave!!"He yelled and she nodded and left.