Chapter 17

Target : 45+ votes and 10 comments

"He made me laugh,nah he is not my man he is my best man,my best friend."

Karan was in his room nervous and excited.He had already met her parents a few times as a friend and today he had planned something for Anamika.Its just a casual dinner.

Meera walked in his room with her saree end tucked in her waist and a spatula in his hand.She looked at Karan who was biting his nails.She smacked in his hand and he looked at her.

"Oh Bhabhi.I won't mess up right!What if Uncle rejects me?"He said as his nervousness grew.He wasn't this nervous when he had an interview where the panel of 7-8 members were seated wearing luxurious clothes.

Though he belongs to a rich family,he kept his life basic and applied for internships in different companies.Meera smacked his forehead and sat beside him.

"Even I was nervous when he came to meet me for the first time.You just need to calm down and In my case I didn't know Rishab ji but you know Anam and so does she."Meera said and stood up while Karan nodded.

"Why aren't you ready yet?Bhabhi they'll reach here any time.Jao jaldi tayaar hojaye"Karan said and Meera was about to say when Rudra entered the room.

"Meera go and get ready.Anamika's parents will be here anytime."Rudra said to Meera who nodded and left the room while Karan didn't look at his father and turned around making excuses.

"Stop it Karan.I am accepting this relationship because I have seen your love for Anamika and she was also one of the people I wanted you to get married too"Rudra said and went out while Karan looked at the door.

Meera was in her room wearing a pantone shade saree and a white puffed sleeves blouse with a V-neckline.

She wore oxidised bangles and applied a bit of nude shade lipstick and tied her hair in a messy bun.

She was applying the lipstick when the room door opened and Meera turned around and looked at an exhausted Rishab.

She looked at him while he threw the coat on the bed and settled himself on the couch resting his head behind.

Meera sighed and passed him a glass of water while he looked at her and took the glass while she set her makeup properly and applied perfume behind her neck,wrists and smiled in satisfaction.

All this while Rishab's gaze was on her while Meera fixed her pallu properly.

Rishab stood up and walked towards her and took a stone bindi from the vanity and held Meera's arms and pulled her closer while his breath mingled with hers.

His one hand on her waist while with the other hand he held her chin and placed the bindi between her eyebrows.

Her heartbeat skyrocketd when he kissed her forehead and walked away messing with her heart.

Meera sat on the bed understanding what just happened and she smiled as a red tint spread across her cheeks and neck.

A knock on the door brought her out of her thoughts.Meera opened the door and saw a maid."Ma'am The guests are about to arrive."Meera nodded and left the room closing the door.

She walked downstairs and stood beside Kriya who was in her office clothes.Meera looked at her and asked her.

"Go and freshen up you'll feel better"Meera said and Kriya looked at her while nodding her head negatively.

"Karan ko dekhne aarahe hai bhabhi!I'm too lazy to dress up now"Kriya said while Meera chuckled and nodded and passed her something in her hand.

"Bhabhi yaar!!I'm going fine"Kriya said and Meera nodded.