Chapter 13

"People make efforts to stay,not excuses"

"Karan,my best friend's daughter is still unmarried and I asked for your hand in marriage.They'll come to meet you here tomorrow"Meera turned and looked at Amrutha.Karan looked at Meera and then his parents while Rishab just ate his dinner.

"Maa,Karan loves someone.He can't get married to someone else"Meera said and Rudra looked at Karan angrily.Love marriages wasn't in their family and even Karan was aware of it.

"Bha--"Karan tried speaking when Meera interrupted him and looked at Rishab who was just listening to them.

"Papa agar Karan ki shaadi hogayi use ladki se.He won't be happy and neither the other person.Rishta Dil se nibhaya jaata hai aur agar Karan ke Dil Mai koi aur hai toh Hume use accept karna chahiye."Meera said while Rudra looked at her and then Karan.

"Karan,you always have my back.Papa, Anamika is really nice girl and they both love each other.Please think about it."Meera said and looked at Karan who smiled at her lowly.

Meera smiled and walked to the kitchen to keep her dishes.She went inside and she heard Amrutha yelling at Karan and Rudra.She was about to leave when Rishab pulled her to the back door of the kitchen and pinned her to the wall.

"You know right love mar----"Rishab started speaking when Meera pushed him a little and looked down.

"So you want him to end up like us.Like this broken with no future."Meera asked pointing towards her and him.His chest pained looking at her full eyes.She always wanted a normal life.

"Not everyone would do what you did"Rishab said and Meera's eyes looked into his.His words didn't seem honest to her.She looked tired and dizzy so she pushed him and walked away.Rishab looked at her and then left to his room.

He was about to enter the room when he got a call from one of his clients.He picked up the call and started speaking to him for few minutes.

"Rishab my daughter's reception is tomorrow.You have to come with your family."The old man said while Rishab groaned as he hates parties but nonetheless he has to go to keep up the deal with him.

"We would love to come Mr.Oberoi"He said and hung up the call.He entered inside the room and laid on the bed with his arms below his head.Meera too settled down on bed and laid with her back facing him.

Flashback

Rishab was speaking to the taxi driver in Italy.Meera stood behind him eating her chocolate croissant.Meera pulled Rishab's sleeves and he turned and looked at her with a smile on his face.

"Hume aapke saath chalna hai.The hotel is just 10 minutes away."Meera said and Rishab nodded and thanked the driver and started walking with Meera.Their hands entwined and Meera smiled.

They were walking when Meera saw a flower shop.She pointed at the shop and Rishab went to buy flowers for her and Meera sat on a bench.

She was sitting when she saw a guy who walked towards her.She looked ahead and smiled seeing Rishab selecting her favourite flowers.

The guy sat beside her and took his cigaratte and started puffing.Meera looked at him and then spoke.

"Please don't smoke near me.I'm allergic to it."Meera said and the guy looked at her and smashed it under his foot.

"Myself Vicky"The guy said and forwarded his hands and Meera looked at him and introduced her.

"Meera Shekhawat"Meera said and shaked her hands with his.She smiled and left when she saw Rishab leaving the shop and walking towards her.