Chapter 9

"I hope for us"

Meera woke up and went downstairs.She was waiting for Karan.Yesterday night Meera texted him that she would join him for a jog.She consulted a doctor who said she needs to go for a morning walk mandatory.

She saw Karan walking down the stairs and he greeted her and both walked out with their water bottles.They went to the nearby park and the park was full.

The senior citizens were laughing out loud in the laughter club and women's were doing yoga.Children were made to excercise by their parents and few were gossiping.Meera started walking slowly and Karan started to jog.

"I'll complete 8-9 laps and join you here"Karan said while Meera nodded.She just needs to walk.She was walking slowly and taking deep breaths.Meera smiled getting the fresh air.She walked for half an hour and then sat on the bench.

She was looking at the surroundings when she saw a familiar figure.It was Anam.Meera saw her jogging with Karan.She smiled.How she hopes that Rishab would hold her hand and walk with her.

She is pregnant and he still didn't said that to anyone.She is waiting when he'll talk about this topic.Meera closed her eyes and took a deep breath.She look at Karan who was jogging towards her.He stood there panting.He smiled looking at Meera.

"I didn't know,Anam is the reason behind your health conscious nature"Meera said while Karan sat beside her and drank some water.

"It's opposite here.I force her to jog because she always sits in front of laptop making designs and presentations."Karan said and Meera nodded.They both sat there in silence when Anamika came and stood beside Karan.

She didn't look at Meera and vice versa."Karan,I'm tired.I'll do an extra lap tomorrow"Anamika said and Karan nodded in no.Meera turned towards them hearing Karan speaking.

She saw Anamika and the look on her face was something Meera didn't expect.Anamika was shocked seeing her and Meera stood up and greeted her.

"Hello Di."Meera said while Anamika was still in daze.Karan shaked her a bit and she turned and greeted her.

"Meera!How are you?"Anamika asked and Meera replied and asked her back.They exchanged their greetings.

"Rishab jiju nahi aaye!"Anamika asked while the smile fell from her face.Karan looked at her while Anamika looked at her.

"Anam,she knows"Karan said while Anamika looked at him and then Meera.Anamika smiled and hugged Meera.He changed the topic while Meera mouthed 'Thank you' to Karan who smiled.

"Meera,looks like you're going to be my bhabhi"Anamika said and Meera smiled and shooked her head.

"Nahi di.Mai toh Meera hi rahungi aapke liye"Meera said while Anamika smacked her head.

"Then you know better,It's Anam for you since childhood."Anamika said while Meera smiled.They both spoke for a while and Meera was happy.Her eyes were evident.

"Karan,let's leave.We will be late for the office."Meera said looking at the time.Anamika too stood up and hugged both and went towards her car while the other two started walking towards the mansion.

"I'm so happy for you Karan"Meera said while Karan smiled and both started conversing on random topics.They reached home and saw Kriya who was sitting on the couch.Her eyes red and Rishab who was yelling at her.

"How many I said you not to let that guy inside.He is dead for us,the day he decided to back stab me.I hate betrayers and you know that."Rishab yelled as more tears cascaded down her eyes.

"Even you know,He is my brother too.I can't forget him.I agree he betrayed us and you even punished him.He was in jail for 7 years now.His whole life is destroyed"Kriya said slowly while Rishab looked at her.