Chapter 29

"Friends like Family are a blessing"

The four entered inside and Meera was engulfed in a hug by Karan.Meera was startled by the sudden hug but she gained her composure and looked at Rishab.

Rishab helped Meera to sit properly on the wheelchair.Karan looked at Meera and bent down to her level on his knees as tears escaped his eyes.

"Karan,yeh....Please go"Meera said and Karan looked at her.She was angry at him as he didn't come to meet her.She loved him like her own son and his ignorance did hurt her.

"Bhabhi,I'm sorry.I was afraid....I couldn't see everyone crying and bh...Bhai was----"Karan was speaking when Meera looked aside and Karan understood she didn't want to speak.

"I'm sorry bhabhi maa"Karan said and tears escaped Meera's eyes as she hugged him and Karan cried keeping his head on her lap.Meera caressed his hair and calmed him down.

"I understand Karan.Get up"Meera said and Karan looked at her as he could feel the pain behind her voice.He held her palms in his and spoke.

"Bhabhi you can hit me,but please yeh mat karo."Karan spoke and Meera sighed and spoke.

"I know Karan.You needn't be sorry.I need to rest"Meera said as Karan stood up and walked out while Rishab helped her to the room,when Rishab was going towards the room,Kajal spoke.

"Your room is shifted downstairs.Go there"Rishab nodded and left towards their new room.He unlocked the door and helped Meera freshen up and then made her sit on bed and sat beside her.

"You won't ask me anything?"Meera said the thing which she wanted to ask him from past two days.Rishab looked at her and spoke.

"I don't want to know.You beside me is enough"Meera heard Rishab and she looked at him as her hand went towards her swollen belly.

"I need to rest"Meera said and Rishab nodded and helped her laid down and sat beside her.

Meera closed her eyes and she thought about the day of their marriage.She slept in her thoughts as her eyes welled up.She wiped her tears and turned her head the other side.

"Meera"Rishab called her but Meera didn't turn and he sighed and walked out of room.Meera turned and looked at his disappearing figure.

She closed her eyes and slept.It was evening when she heard some commotion in the room,She opened her eyes and saw Rishab standing at door and Abhishek and Simran where standing out with Vihaan.

She looked at them as Rishab spoke with them.Meera tried to sit but couldn't and the empty steel glass beside her fell down and all the attention went towards her.

Rishab turned and looked at Meera and walked towards her and helped her sit and started adjusting the pillows behind her back while all others too entered inside.

Rishab bent and took the glass and kept it beside her and sat on bed with Vritika, Abhishek and Simran's child.Simran sat beside Meera and Abhishek and Vihaan too sat on the chair.

"How are you now?I couldn't come to meet you"Simran said and Meera smiled.

"I'm fine,How are you and what did you name her?"Meera asked and Simran looked at Abhishek and then Meera.

"Vritika Abhishek Rathore"Simran said and Meera looked at her and a smile adorned her lips.

"That's such a beautiful name"Meera said and Simran smiled and nodded.

Whereas Rishab sat in bed with Vritika in his arms and started playing with her.He lifted her in his arms and kissed her face and Vritika smiled and giggled.Meera looked at him and she smiled.