Chapter 24

"Humne jugnu jugnu kar ke, tere milne
Ki deep jalaye hai,Akhiyon me moti bhar bhar ke, tere hizar mein haath uthaye hai"

Rishab walked inside and threw the coat and walked in the balcony and sat there beside Meera.

"How was the meeting?"Meera asked and Rishab nodded and closed his eyes.

"Rishab ji I want strawberry"Meera said and Rishab looked at her as this season wasn't for strawberry.

"Okay.I'll arrange it"Rishab said and called the management and spoke with them while Meera looked at him.He disconnected the call and turned towards Meera.

"They'll get it in a few minutes"Rishab said and again laid down on the beanbag and Meera smiled.

After having dinner,they both laid down and Meera didn't sleep as she had already slept and now she can't sleep,so she turned towards Rishab who was fast asleep and she started poking his abs.

Rishab opened his eyes and looked at Meera who was looking at him.He closed his eyes and slept.While Meera looked at him not knowing what to do now alone.She sat and started looking at some cooking videos.

Rishab groaned and sat on bed looking at Meera.

"Meera,please sojao.I need to sleep and I'm tired"Rishab said and Meera looked at him and smiled.

"Par mujhe neend nahi aarahi hai.Its all your fault."Meera said and Rishab looked at her.

"Okay Meri maa.Plug in your earphones please"Rishab said and Meera nodded her head negatively.

"I want to go to the beach"Meera said and Rishab looked at her and then the wall clock.

"It's 2 in the morning.For fuck sake,sleep"Rishab said and Meera sighed and laid down.Rishab too laid down and turned.He closed his eyes when he heard sobbing sound.He turned and looked at Meera who was sobbing.

"Meera,please don't cry.I won't yell again"Rishab spoke and Meera turned towards him.Her eyes red from continuous crying.Rishab sighed and looked at Meera and spoke.

"Meera at night it's not safe.I'll take you early in the morning for sunrise.That sounds amazing isn't it?"He said while Meera looked at him and nodded.

Rishab laid down while Meera went towards him and hugged him while he caressed her hair and she fell asleep in his arms.The warmth radiating from him,gave her a feeling of security.

Rishab woke up early and wore his shirt and woke Meera up.She quickly got up and both left for beach.Meera sat on sand with help of Rishab who sat beside her.Since It was early,the wind was cool and Meera was shivering.

Rishab pulled her closer and she laid her head on his shoulder while he looked at her.The unknown fear still in his mind.

Meera looked at the waves as she felt nostalgia.She was at Mumbai and was sitting near seashore.One end she was sitting all alone while He was sitting with his boys.That time they were in highschool and Meera didn't remember him properly.

But when she saw him in the meeting,she remembered him.Rishab turned and looked towards Meera who was looking at sunset and smiling.

"Sunrise is my favourite.Its a sign that darkness will not stay forever.We will find our light but all we need is hope and strength to endure it."Meera said and Rishab looked at her as he smiled seeing her optimistic behaviour.

"Let's go in.You need to shop too"Rishab said and Meera nodded and stood up with the help of Rishab and both entered inside the hotel and freshened up and left for shopping.