✨ Lie nr. 8

Lies:

Lies:

I wouldn't lie to you

Today is a mess... It started as a mess; it continues to be one and who the fuck does Rémy Miller think he is... I'm repeating myself. Ever since that situation with Heather he has been getting on my nerves. First, he's being all vague and cryptic about my whereabouts last night at the party when I saw him at Rhett's. Next, he's just storming out and leaves me alone at that place, acting like I took a knife and jammed it into his chest.

I imagined it.

But I didn't do it.

Honestly, he's a big baby.

With a great punch apparently. Because as soon as I walked into the boxing gym, I saw him throw one at Eli's face.

You need to make your own mistakes.

That's what he said before he left.

He also kept going on about Eli telling me something and a certain truth that needed to come out, and now my head was spinning with doubts and questions.

"E, what was he talking about?" I take a step back and look at Eli, his face filled with apprehension.

He shakes while rubbing his face. He took a hard blow to the nose but by the looks of it nothing is broken and not a drop of blood is spilled.

I always knew this man was built like a rock. "Nothing." He shrugs. "Like I said, he just came in and punched me in the fucking face."

"Seems like he had a reason." I mutter and I hate to question Eli's story, but I saw the sorrow in Rémy's eyes as soon as he saw me. They instantly softened, and if anything, they somehow held on to something truthful. He could get benched for assaulting another student on campus, so why would he take that risk.

"Are you seriously taking his side? You don't even know the guy." He snaps and I'm taken aback.

He has never been angry at me before, but he definitely is now, and I don't know how to feel about that. It's not my fault Rémy has a problem with him, I at least hope it's not because of me, but how would I know, nobody is telling me anything!

I let out a frustrated growl. "Eli, I swear if you're hiding something from me, I'm gonna run away from you as fast and as far as I can!" I raise my voice too now and an instant grimace clouds his face. "What happened last night that I don't know! E?!"

He shakes his head and confidently steps closer, his hands rubbing my shoulders in an attempt to calm me down, but I look away. "Cé, look at me," He whispers, softly pushing my chin to meet him halfway. "I'm not hiding anything." He continues to whisper with the softest tone. "Last night, you got drunk, and I made sure you got home safe. I swear that's it. No shenanigans. He's probably trying to get into your head as some sick revenge for calling him out about Heather. I was there all night; he didn't even talk to you." I'm trying to sketch a picture or a timeline of the party, hoping I might remember a stupid detail that could tell me who's telling the truth. My best friend, and longtime crush, who suddenly wants to date me, or a guy who has more rumors to his name than anyone else on campus. A guy who hooked up with my roommate and made that evil emotionless monster cry.