✨ Lie nr. 9

Lies:

Lies:

I'd rather cut off my dick

Eli:

Please call me...

Céline...

Please tell me we're at least still friends?

If you're not calling me back, I'm coming over to your dorm tonight

You can't avoid me forever

Please, I'm worried about you

Us... whatever is left of it...

Please

I sigh at my phone before turning it on airplane mode and redirect my attention to Rhett, who has been glued to his phone for the past hour. Working on this project with him, is like working with a gold retriever.

They think everything is a squirl.

Concentration span?

Zéro.

Especially on a Sunday afternoon.

One thing is sure, I'm not going back to my dorm tonight because I have been avoiding Eli ever since our date on Friday and I'm not ready to face him yet. 

I spinelessly waited until he fell asleep, got dressed and did the coldest and longest walk of shame in the history of walk of shames back to my dorm without leaving a word or a note.

Turns out that at certain temperatures tears freeze.

Heather woke up as soon as I tried to cover myself in a million clothes and blankets to prevent myself from dying at the cause of hypothermia and disgust.

All she did was give me another speech about self-respect.

Bitch.

"Can you please put your phone away?" I mutter at Rhett when I give him an angry glare through my lashes, my head buried in my preparation.

He nods and holds his phone up in front of me. "Off." He smirks when he presses the button, and the screen goes dark. "I just had to watch Rémy's game for a minute."

Make that an hour, five minutes overtime and seven wasteful seconds.

"Mmh." I hum, showing zero interest.

"They lost." He adds as if I wanted to know.

"Good." I mutter, while leaning in over the coffee table only to visibly roll my eyes at his empty preparation sheet. "Not good." I sigh. He didn't even attempt. "Rhett, seriously. At least try to do some of the work? I'm not letting you do half because it's a risk of us failing. Please do some." I dramatically preach.