✨ Lie nr. 30

Lies:

Lies:

You have some chocolate on your...

I am talking to Peter Martin. The Peter Martin.

Holy fuck.

Not only does he have a Stanley cup to his name, he also has an even bigger treasure to it. He literally passed down his last name to her.

It quickly became clear I had passed Mr. Martin's seal of approval when he patted me on the back over a drink telling me to take care of his daughter, casually adding the or else, but I didn't expect anything less.

We mostly talked hockey, just because, while my gaze drifted off to Céline having fun with Luna and Grace on the dancefloor. She looked so stunning. As soon as I saw her this morning, I just had to tell her at the first chance I got. It was literally on my tongue waiting to spell it out for her. Her makeup was perfect, that lipstick obviously smudge proof enough, not for all, so she claimed. And that dress, what the fuck... I knew Céline was gorgeous, even in the morning without a single trace of makeup on her face and wearing those ridiculously cute satin pj's, but today she just blew my mind.

Speechless, just like the first second I met her.

So of course, I glance at her dancing, smiling, while sipping my drink and talking to her dad. I sure hope Peter Martin isn't a secret mind reader because no dad wants to know whatever I was thinking.

That was, until my brother came up to us with a worried look on his face.

"Sorry to interrupt." Ezra smiled politely. "Has anyone seen Sophi? I can't find her anywhere."

Instantly, my mood shifts from the highs of hockey glory to the concern etched on Ezra's face. I offer a quick glance to the dance floor, hoping to spot her among the swirl of dresses and laughter. No luck. "I haven't seen her either." I admit and shrug, all three of us scanning the room for any sign of Sophia.

Ezra is visibly worried. "I've asked the girls, but no one knows. I don't want to ruin Luna's night, but I can't shake this feeling."

We exchange a look, both understanding the weight of the situation. Without hesitation, I pull out my phone.

"I'll call her," I say, already scrolling through my contacts to find Sophia's number.

"I have tried but I think she left her phone on silent after the ceremony." I nod while calling her and he's probably right as it keeps ringing until I get send to voicemail.

"Yeah voicemail." I sigh as I tuck my phone away.

"Fuck." My brother curses as he scratches the back of his head. "Rém, I have a feeling something is wrong. This isn't right, she wouldn't just leave without telling anyone, without telling me."