✨ Lie nr. 16

Lies:

Lies:

N-nothing

Not even tempted to take a look

When Mackie called, I couldn't imagine how bad it could possibly be.

This is worse than I imagined, for sure.

I'm looking at our locker room, and it's like havoc raged through it, not all of it, just my spot.

My stuff.

My sticks.

My skates.

My gear.

My jersey.

All of it, but mine only.

The rest of the locker room seems to be untouched.

"This is carnage." Céline mutters while her fingers feel for mine and I instantly intertwine them. I'm glad I brought her with me because somehow her presence and especially her touch is calming. "Who would do that!" She squeezes my hand and I twist my head to meet her angry gaze. I can feel her inner rage, but her eyes instantly soften when they meet mine.

I let go of her hand to grab my skate of the floor, the laces ripped, the blade destroyed, even the boot is all messed up, my stick snapped in half next to it, even my spare ones couldn't escape this bloodbath. "I don't know but I'm going to kill whoever did this." I grit through my teeth and shake my head looking down at the mess. An instant storm rages inside my head, and I launch my skate across the room. "Fuck!" My hands grab my shredded home jersey off the hanger, and I throw that one after my skate.

"Rémy." Céline softly whimpers my name, and it instantly grabs my attention. My gaze meets hers and her eyes are filled with worry. Suddenly all the rage is gone again, and sadness takes its place.

My brother gave me most of this stuff as I couldn't afford it, and now all of it is gone.

I can't play like this...

I need to fucking play...

I slump into my bench, my hands rubbing my face as I can feel the tears sting my eyes and the lump in my throat feels painful. Céline takes a careful step, striding between my legs as her fingers tangle through my hair and she pulls my head into her stomach. An involuntary sob escapes from my dry throat and now I'm crying into her shirt.

Yes, crying.

"This isn't fair." I shake my head.

I can feel her embrace tighten around me, and I'm hugging her back as tight as I can. "I know Rémy." Her voice sounds broken too. "I know."

I can't believe I'm crying like a fucking toddler.

"How am I going to fucking play now." I sob again, and I know, there are much bigger problems in the world than being able to play a silly game of hockey, but it's all I ever had. The only way I was able to escape home, together with my brother.