✨ Lie Nr. 40

Lies: You're going to be okay

Truths: You're going to be okay

The entire bus is celebrating our win, but I'm sulking my ass off. I'm going to be late for my date with Céline. I have been looking forward to it ever since I asked her and even more so since our late-night Facetime. I fell asleep too, still on the phone with her and when I woke up the next morning to her sleepy face still sound asleep, I couldn't bring myself to hang up. So, I waited until she woke up too so I could at least tell her good morning. We definitely didn't stop there. Nah ah. I'm still smiling and kicking my feet at the thought of what we did next that morning. We had some amazing phone-breakfast together. And let me tell you, if I'm ever out with the team again and we have to stay at a hotel, or any night away from her for that matter, that's exactly what I'll be doing if she lets me.

The bus harshly pulling up at a red light presses me into my seat and jolts me back to reality. The bus driver has been driving like a reckless bitch the entire time, and still we're going to be late. That's fully thanks to all the celebration antics in the locker room and the interviews, but even though I'm happy with the win, it's not where my head had been all day.

I look at my watch, shaking my head.

"Stop pouting like a child Rém. We won, we won again." Mackie slaps his hand across my chest.

Hellooo, Rémy here has to be on time for his damn date, why does nobody care about that.

"I'm going to be late Mack." I shake my head while bouncing my knee up and down.

"She'll understand. Don't worry man, we're almost on campus." I know, but I can't help but imagine that by the time we get back at our rink and I find my way to my car, Céline will already be sitting at the restaurant, and I will not have her think I'm bailing on her. Not even for five minutes. So, I text her. Several texts.

Me:

The damn bus is behind on schedule

I'll be a little bit later than expected

But I promise I will show up

I don't want to miss it...

I miss you

I look at my phone, waiting for the texts to turn on read, but... I'm jolted forward into my seat as the bus suddenly jerks and lurches violently, sending me reeling in my seat. My head hits something hard in front of me and a loud crash fills the entire bus with chaos. The world spins, and my vision blurs as I struggle to understand what's happening. We're serving on the road and my head forcefully hits the window now while I try to hold on to the next best thing I can find while I even hear some of the guys scream and curse. The bus finally stops and now eerie silence sears through us all. I look around, checking if everyone around me is okay, and everyone else is seems to be doing the same. We hit each other with the same cold and fearful look until I meet Mackie's gaze next to me. "You okay?" I rush out while I watch him nod and frown.