✨ Lie nr. 20

Lies:

Not because I'm scared another guy might make a move on her

I did that on purpose

I can't believe this just happened! Did I just watch Céline tumble off a table? And why for fucks sake are Brooks and Rhett so unbothered about it.

"You're a fucking jerk Rhett, seriously!" I cuss at him, and his face twerks with confusion. "She fell off! And stop this stupid facetime and call me back like a normal person!" I yell at him while I hang up the phone.

I was chilling on my bed, watching a replay of my last game when I got the call. Now I'm up, putting on some decent clothes. I doubt they would let me inside that stupid fancy club wearing sweats. As I'm shoving my legs in some black cargo pants, my phone goes off again and thank God it's not Facetime, but a regular call from Brooks' phone.

"What is wrong with you!" Rhett calls me out, probably for hanging up on him.

"Is she alright? Céline, is she okay?" I ask, my tone serious. I saw her tumble; I never saw if she recovered or not. If she hurt herself, I'm going to kill my friends, bare handed.

There is a long pause but then there's the final verdict. "Yeah." He echoes casually as if nothing happened. "Yeah, she's fine, just drunk."

That's what pisses me off more. The fact she's drunk and nobody seems to look out for her. "Of course, she is." I mutter as agitation fills my voice. "It's one thing to feed her alcohol, illegally." Well, I might have done so too the first night we met, but at least I made sure she was never in any kind of trouble. "It's another thing to not look out for her. Jesus."

"We're just as drunk, who's looking out for us." Yep, unreasonable drunk Rhett is not my favorite person.

"Are you kidding me!" I yell, hoping I can pierce through his eardrums and reach that stupid brain of his. "She's a girl!"

"Feminists would hate you for saying that. She's a girl. Have you met her? She can handle herself just fine." I know she can but that doesn't mean she has to. I'm about to throw my phone into this abstract artwork probably worth a million if he keeps bullshitting me like this. "Relax, she's fine. She's just talking to some guy. Brooks and I are keeping an eye on her in case he tries anything."

In case...?

What the fuck.

I cuss loudly into nothing while I put the phone on speaker and throw it onto the bed so I can get ready a little bit faster. "Pass the phone to her."

"Why?" He laughs unknowingly. "She's having fun, you don't have to act like an overprotective big brother. Brooks and I already got that covered."

Trust me, I have no interest to play her brother.