✨ Lie nr. 26

Lies:

Lies:

No offence, but hockey players aren't my type

"Hey Cé, you okay?"

"Hey." I'm all smiles while I answer Jules on the phone. My brother, the one playing his ass towards a Stanley Cup. The one I gave a quick little call with a mission. "Yeah, I'm good. Really good actually." My tone probably tells him exactly how good, because he's instantly chuckling.

"What aren't you telling me? What has gotten you all fired up?" There's another chuckle on the other end of the line, a warm sound that reminds me home.

I take a deep breath, steadying myself for the revelation. "I'm playing again." I say but I actually want to scream it with joy. "Skating, Jules, I'm skating, and it feels so so good. I'm not scared anymore, and I faced off a pool last week... a freaking pool... I even went in. It was horrible at first but then so good and I'm..."

"Okay wait. Back up. You swore off ice skating?" He interrupts the rain of unhinged and excited thoughts. "So, skating, as on ice?"

"Yes!" I squeal.

"Playing, as in hockey?" Curiosity tinges his voice.

"Yes!" Again, I squeal, again. "Yes!"

"Did you hit your head? Are you on drugs?"

Well, I did sound like I was on Speed or a stimulant but no, this time it was all me.

"No..." My voice drops, all together with my face. "And, No! Jesus Jules!"

"Hey, just checking."

"Way to blow my enthusiasm brother." I snarl at him.

"I'm sorry, I'm just... You're skating?? That's..." It's silence that comes next, but luckily it doesn't last too long. "Yes! Fuck yes!" Instantly, there's a lump forming in my throat at the sound of his happiness. He knows exactly what it means to me, so he knows this is a triumph. "Oh no..."

"What?"

"Soon I will no longer be the family's most talented hockey player." He says and immediately bursts out in happy laughter.

"Ha. Ha. Very funny." I lean back into my chair with a massive eye roll.

"Oh it's not funny Cécé, I'm serious. My contract is going down the drain if they find out there's a Martin out there with an even better slapshot." He just keeps laughing and it's setting off another smile on my face.

"Stop." I whine, but then I scrape my throat. "But you're right. Bye Bye contract. Hello little sister. Bet your teammates are going to like the new addition to the team."

Highly suggestive, that's what I'm going for.

"Nope, I veto that." He snorts. "Besides, if anyone from the team or any other sleazy hockey player ever touches you, they are going to meet the end of my hockey stick."