✨ Lie nr. 18

Lies:

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

Lies:

Beginners luck

I was right.

Stella did have a pair of extra skates.

Perfect fit even.

She was even so kind to give Céline her spare gloves.

But that's what you get for playing cupid on my first game playing for Harvard.

And luck was on our side as there was nobody on the ice. It was already later afternoon in between practices so those periods are always pretty calm.

"Wait here, I'm going to get us something." I smirk while I watch her tie the shit out of her laces. By the time I'm back from my secret mission she's staring up at the ceiling waiting for me. Sneaking up on her I lean into her ear from behind. "Here Princess." I whisper, laughing as I startle her.

"Jesus Rémy. Why don't you give me a heart attack while you're at it." She smacks her hand into my arm, but it quickly falls to her side when she notices the helmet in one hand and two sticks in the other.

"Here." I look down at my hands before pushing my helmet into her hands. "Number twenty-seven. It's mine. Put it on, I don't want a rogue puck to crack your pretty skull."

"How romantic." She looks up at me before her eyes waver to the helmet and she takes a deep breath.

"Something wrong?" A frown falls over my face.

"N-No." She shakes. "I just now realize I haven't skated since..."

Since she almost drowned.

"Shit." I mutter. "I'm sorry, this was a bad idea."

It's dumb apology, I know it.

"No, it was a great idea. Besides I suggested it. I just," Another deep breath fills her lungs. "It's time." She laughs, putting on the helmet like a warrior facing her biggest battle yet. "Let's do this." She pulls down the visor before grabbing a stick from my hands and marching towards the ice.

God, this girl is what dreams are made of.

"Hey." I call out, making her turn around. "I got you." A stupid wink pulls at my face and it makes her smile multiply by a ten. And a half. "Always." I tell her as my hand disappears into the curve of her back.

She does a few unsteady laps around the rink, anyone who hasn't skated in year would.

It's annoying.

Not this, the stupid smirk I wear the entire time while watching her is. I set up the goalpost and some pucks while I watch her pick up some speed and now, I nearly dislocate my jaw. "Dammit, you're fast. Slow down on the-"