18

Mariah POV

Mariah POV

i was the first to wake up the next morning and i found myself laying on yonna.

i don't know what it was but i looked at her differently today.

i never really actually payed close attention to her like that before but now that i was laid up with her asleep on the couch i was able to see her closer.

she's actually really pretty and she smells good. her chest slowly rising and falling as she sleeps.

then she wakes up so i have to go on my phone and act like i wasn't just staring at her.

"look who's up," i said to her still on my phone.

"you went to sleep first ion wanna hear it," she said yawning.

"any updates on kaysia," she asked and i shook my head no.

after that i got up and used the bathroom that was in the room checking the time.

it was 6:47 in the morning i would go out and ask about kaysia but we're not even supposed to be there.

when i left the bathroom why i see kayson big ass waking up.

"yo they say anything bout kaysia," he asked.

"nah we jus woke up," yonna says standing next to kamari checking on her.

then i go to sit back down and then a doctor comes in.

"oh i wasn't aware that you guys stayed the night, well i have news about kaysia." he said and we all perked up.

"okay spill," kamari said waking up out of her sleep i guess that triggered her to wake up.

"so we stopped the internal bleeding and stitched her stomach up so try to help her not break those stitches," he started.

"so she's alive," kamari asks.

"yes she is but she still hasn't woken up yet i don't think that she'll end up in a coma though," he says and it's like a weight has been lifted from all of us.

"so back to what i was saying, her right arm, leg, and foot were broken but she should be able to make a full recovery within 6 months, her neck was fractured but a neck brace for 3 months should fix that. i just suggest no rough activities for the next 7-9 months for a full recovery on everything. she also may have a concussion but we will determine that when she awakens." he says walking out of the room.

"it's okay don't cry," yonna says hugging kamari. 

then i look over at her and shes inconsolable like the doctor just told us she was dead.

"i just- she's too good for me if she'd never met me none of this would've happened," she says.

"don't even say that because kaysia has been the happiest she's ever been ever since you've come along. even if she may not show it a lot she really loves you and won't blame you for shit that happened trust," i said to her and kayson agreed.