snowflakes on eyelashes|warden!Alva🍋

It was always so cold here in Graystone prison. Heat was a luxury none could afford here, including you. Someday, it was better, some worse and other days....You'd rather not think about then.

"Sir Warden! I have the shipment list you asked for!" You'd finally caught up to the tall man. He had just left the nurse for his monthly physical and was watching the inmates move about sluggishly. The large whitefurred coat he always wore reminded you of a moth.

"Come then." he said, his breath seeping through his mask in white puffs.

You internally groaned but ran to catch up to him.

"Like I was saying, sir, the shipment came along with several other documents that need your signature!" As you shuffled through your papers, trying to figure what he'd need to see first, a pair of guards flanked you on either side. Thinking nothing of it you followed him up the elevator, "there have also been reports of a mole not to mention someone's been stealing from the rations" You rattled off, following the sound of his cane hitting the gray cobblestone.

You stopped when you didn't hear the sound of his cane and glanced up at him.

'The interrogation room?' You were confused. Usually, you knew if any inmate had been pulled aside.

Following him inside, you expected to see someone, but no one was inside. Maybe they needed time to bring in the inmate?

"Sit," he commanded.

"Sir, am I under interrogation?" You were beyond confused. Just what had you done to be interrogated? Did he suspect you of treason!? There was no proof! Besides, you spent your days attending all the briefings he couldn't and assigning jobs! Backing up just a half step was enough for the Warden to use his cane to sweep your feet out from under you.

It knocked the wind out of you cause you to start a coughing fit and wheezed as his shoe landed on your chest. Pinning you like a bug to the floor.

"...." he didn't say anything for a moment, putting just enough pressure as you struggled before caving. He pulled his foot off and let you take a seat across from him.

"...." You didn't know what to say. You felt betrayed.

"Who did you meet down in the archives last week?"

"Dr. Loren"

"Why?"

"To ask to schedule you a checkup."

He asked a few more questions, never breaking eye contact with those brilliant golden blue flecked eyes.

"Dismissed, return to my office, await instructions."

Taking your clipboard off the ground you left, feeling slightly winded. His footprint left a bit of dust and dirt on your shirt blouse. You'd be reprimanded for this if you couldn't clean it properly.

You stood outside his office, never entering without him present.

'Did he really assume I was a traitor?' You knew the Warden wasn't friendly,but you'd worked under him for a good three years now. You'd thought he'd at least consider you more than just his subordinate. At least he hadn't humbled you in public. Now, the real question is, who was a potential mole? You should offer your help to him, if he saw fit you could help with the investigation.

That was how it worked here. When the Warden said jump, you asked how high? He allowed no sort of disobedience or disorder.

"Come."

The rhythmic thump of his cane hitting stone and boots echoed, and you followed.

Inside, his office was as cold as any other room in the prison,if not colder. You stood a few feet from his desk and handed him the papers along with the paperwork he needed.