Circles of Smoke |Part 1 Norton

I got permission from Bones on TwT!

https://twitter.com/bonezoid/status/1756030050300793062?t=7PLPfEihSWGcJx8ljZFPpA&s=19

A/N: Wattpad is a bitch so I'll have to do this in two parts cause it starts lagging once I reach a certain word count. The Grammer check I use also hates me so ill go back in and do some fixing when I can!

-----------

"Coming through! Pardon me!"

"Watch it, kid!"

"Excuse me!"

"Move runt!"

Ducking and weaving around thick legs and dusty boots, you clutched your bike and rolled it through the large sea of construction workers. Finding a nice spot near a wall, you immediately started setting up your families booth.

Attached to your bike was a small cooler with water, beer, and juice made from the many fruits in your families backyard. And pre-made sandwiches.

You looked at the time and sighed. It was almost time for workers to go on break!

"Ice cold orange and apple juice! Cold pear, apple slices, and grapes! Pre made sandwiches!" You yelled, waving your arms to catch anyone's attention.

A few heads turned, and with them came bodies.

"Yer awfully young to be out here selling."

"Money is money! Bills need to be paid!"

The black man laughed and fished out his wallet," Well, I can't argue with that! What else yah got son?"

You turned and pulled out an egg sandwich,"1 for 3 and two for 5!"

"I'll take two then, and some woah now! Your folks know you selling this?" He was surprised that such a young 'boy' had gotten 'his' hands on alcohol.

"Mama, let me bring it!"

Decideding to buy a bottle, he paid you and took his food and drink to go.

With that came several other men. Paying you upfront for your goods.

"Last sandwich!! Only three dollars!!" You yelled, waving the wrapped up sandwich in the air.

"Hey!" A weaker voice said, and you looked down at him. He was a dirty little thing. About the same height as you," I've only got two... can I get half of it? Please?"

You narrowed your eyes at him. He looked sick and thin. You wondered if he was homeless and frowned. Dad always told you that you should help those less fortunate.

"I'll take the two." You said, hoping down from your bike to open the small, metal cash box. Taking your key necklace off, you took his two dollars and gave him the last one," But don't think this will happen every day!"

You cut yourself off, seeing how hungry he was as he tore the sandwich up, despite it being ice cold!

"H-hey-"

"Back off! It's mine! You can't have it anymore!"

And like a scared kitten, he ran off deeper into the resting area.

"What a weirdo." You put your drinks away, confused by the young boys' strange behavior.

'Whatever, I need to head back home.' If there was nothing to sell, you needed to head home and find something! Time was money, after all! And your mother made sure you knew it!

It was a bit dangerous traveling home by yourself. The road from the city to the countryside was fairly woody but nothing had happened to you so far! Avoiding any holes in the ground, you easily made your way back home.