Lake side grilling|Papa Kevin

The sun had long since set casting the somber lake side village in a dark glow of tiki torches and fireflies.

"Heyyy, is it ready yet?" Norton came over, drenched in sea water, shirtless and hungry. Kevin had been cooking for hours now, and he was starving!

Kevin took a sip of some alcohol laced drink and sat it down on a small table next to him.

"Nope, go finish playing, 'tis almost done." He said, fixing three large trays of ribs and setting inside the large tent. No one was allowed in there either, as that's where he'd placed five hours worth of cooled food. And Kevin would be damned if he went in and found flies swarming his freshly buttered and spiced corn!

"Kevin, come on! It's been hours! You gave memory one!"

The phantom child of Alice had indeed used her puppy dog eyes on the cowboy. Convincing the older man to give her a rib or two early. Made very obvious by the smear of BBQ sauce on her hands, face, and well... everywhere!

"Hmph."

Norton groaned and turned to leave. Annoyed that he would have to wait to eat like everyone else.

"Where yah going?" On a small plate, Kevin had made him three hot off the grill pieces of ribs smother in thick, brown honeyed BBQ sauce," Go on'n git, and don't tell no body, eat it behind the tent."

Norton grinned, taking the plate and immediately running off to go eat in secret.

"That boy..." he snorted to himself as Fredrick strolled back around to see just what he was cooking.

"What is that?" Fredrick pointed to one of the smaller ribs that he just going to feed to Wick.

"Baby rib, ain't no real meat on it."

"The rib of what?" Now he was curious, ever since coming here he'd been exposed to all sorts of different foods.

"Cow, what yah ain't ever have ribs before?"

"I haven't. It smells good." He hovered, watching Kevin seal up several bowls of greens and vegetables.

"Hmh." He dipped the last baby rib in some BBQ and handed it to him.

"Oh no, I was just curious! You don't - "

"Bette take it Fer one of them boys eats it"

Fredrick quickly took the rib and turned it around a couple of times. leaning in to bite it but not really knowing where with all the sauce dripping of it.

"Is it supposed to be this messy?"

"Yup."

He took a rather messy bite and tried to keep his face clean but ultimately just spread more of it around his face. Despite the mess, he enjoyed the heavy, smokey taste and rich thickness of the sauce!

"It's tasty! Messy but good, the Kreiburgs would enjoy this." Maybe he could convince the cowboy to be a cook for them? Once he obtained what he'd originally came here for, of course.

"Mmph!" Kevin grunted as the musician thanked him one last time and left to nibble on the rib.

He watched as Norton lazed around, having finished his plate and gave him he thumbs up. Kevin nodded in response and was just about to start cleaning up when he heard the sound of crust and food being moved.

"Missy, didn't I already give yah one?" He turned and caught Lily trying to sneak one of his conchas.

"Heheheh," She giggled, then quickly ran off.

"I swear that girl...." Cleaning up, he quickly put the fires out and wrapped everything up to set back to - wait. Kevin squinted and made a face," Damn itWilliam!!"

William jumped and immediately started backing out of the tent," Greetings, pops! I was just checking to - ah... sorry, " he could already tell Kevin wasn't falling for his lies.

"Here, gon set up the table, tis ready anyways."

"Yes!! Hey! Ganji!!! Mike!!! Dinner ready!!" He sat the food down at the table and ran to the beach where they were still facing off against Martha and Qi in a game of volleyball. It was 2 - 10, and they refused to give up!

"Now then, ah, that's right." Heading back to the pier, Kevin untied naib from the wood.

"You didn't have to tie me up, old man."

"Ah shadd up' n go get a plate," and just before Naib could dart past him, kevin grabbed him by the hoodie. Leaning down just enough for the assassin to hear him," made yah some extra portions, green bowls in the back."

That was enough to put a spark in his step, and he practically ran Murro over!

"Yeesh, that kid needs to relax. Hello, big guy." Kevin sat next to Murro," and I get yer friend his own platter, fruits 'n what have yah."

Murro smiled with his eyes as his boar practically tackled Kevin.

"Hey! Get your friend! Murro!!!"

Ah yes, a lovely summer cookout indeed.