Gannie|Flint and Steel🍹

"Hey, you alright?" Wolframite knocked on the box that she was sitting on.

"I am...I just want them to hurry back already." The ever ending clink click click of metal striking dirt echoed within the cavern.

Climbing up to sit next to her. Wolframite took his hat off," You know you can always come talk to me."

"That's kind of you to say, I just didn't want to bother anyone with my fretting."

"You could never bother anyone."

Tremolite fiddled with her gloves, "You're very kind, Wolf, but still, it's my burden to bare not anyone else's."

"You're too kind for your own good, you know that?"

"He says that a lot, too."

Wolframite snorted, "So, Mr. Toothpick legs do - Ow!" Something sharp and hard hit him in the back of the neck.

"You're back!" Hopping off her crate, she immediately went to pull Tungsten into a hug.

Wolframite tried to look uninterested, but he couldn't help the twang of jealously.

Tungsten always had this look of indifference on his face. He followed Amazonites lead into the mines and attempted to breech the surface. For the life of him, Wolframite wouldn't figure out why she liked him so much.

"Hm, could I ask for a tune-up?" Tungsten asked from under his mask.

"Of course!" Taking his hand, she quickly guided him to her workshop to fix his automated legs.

Watching the two leave for her workshop, Wolframite huffed and wandered off to go bother someone else. That someone is the eight legged Halite.

Watching her work to mend, broken wires used to make pullys and cables. Wolframite sat on her back and flopped over her massive body.

"Hello Wolfy."

"Hi, hally, mending wires again?" He asked, helping her start a new branch.

"As always, what's got you so down?" Her back legs released a puff of steam.

"Nothing crazy I just....want to get my arm looked at, found some more fools gold to repair it with. His right arm was starting to crumbling.

"Is that all?"

"....no but it's my problem don't worry about it, what do you need? Are there any more wires?"

She was tempted to press but decided against it, "If you don't mind, Tremolite has a few crates of wire by her work shop door. Could you bring them to me, please?"

Sliding off her back, he bounced into the air, "Sure." It was a quick walk to the back end of Tremolites workshop. Looking around near the many boxes, he pushed a few to the side and managed to find them!

'While I'm here, I might as well ask if she's busy or not'. Moving to open the door he realized it was locked,'shoot, now I have to go around' peeking into one of the windows by standing on a box he tried to see if he could get her attention. What he saw made his heart rate spike and a warm buzz run down his crumbling arm.

That trash bag looking asshole had her on her knees, hand on her cheek with the other one, keeping her hair out of the way.

Several different emotions shoot through his body. Shock, confusion, heartache, and guilt that he had intruded on them. He wanted to pull away, pretend he never saw them, and go back to halite. But he couldn't hey his legs to move. He was frozen in place. Watching Tungsten help her up and clean her face off before kissing her.

He could hardly hear him, but a faint 'turnover' was enough to shock him back to reality.

'I can't stay here and watch this'

'Why not? Look at her. She looks beautiful with her hair, down' a voice countered.

She never let her hair down around him, never for him.

He bit his lip hard enough for it to chip. Watching as she layed out on the edge of her bed. Hips up and weakly crying out. Gripping the sheets and breathing hard.

Tremolite twitched, feeling Tungsten lace their hands together. Kissing the back of her hand and gently rocking into her.

"Mh sorry...didn't mean to lean you for so long." He apologized into her skin.

"I'm...j-just happy your h-home!"

Wolframite finally managed to get himself to move just as she eyes glanced up at ceiling. Whimpering into her (Tungsten) pillow.

Trying to wipe his memory clean Wolframite quickly took the boxes and headed back to Halite.

"Oh, there you are wolfy... what's wrong dear you seen shaken up!"

"Nothing, just watched some beetles fight for territory is all, you should have seen it! The sapphire beetle flung the hell out the opal beetle!"

That deemed to satisfy her, "is that so? I enjoy watching them battle as well."

"Hm, I got those wires you asked for!" Setting the boxes down he quickly got to work. Anything to try and take his mind off them. He didn't want to think about how pretty she looked with her hair down. No. He was going to finish helping Halite and then he was going home.

Halite was always good for a conversation. Happy to talk about anything to anyone. She was a good distraction. Unfortunately not even her silly little stories could distract him from seeing then exit her workshop.

He glanced at them out of the corner of his eyes then quickly went back to work.

'Fuck, I hope he didn't see me'

Tungsten had always been paranoid ever since he lost his legs. Never letting his guard down, it was only a matter of time before he came to talk to him. And it would either go two ways, a fight or a massacre.

"Hey."

Wolframite jumped, heart racing at the sight of brown and blue skin.

"Halite, you mind if I borrow him?"

"Just bring him back in one piece, please!"

Getting up, Wolframite tried to play dumb," What?"

Tungsten nodded to a little ally, not too far. Following him, Wolframite leaned on the wall with Tungsten crossing his arms.

"You better not bring up what you saw."

"Saw what? I didn't - " There was a breeze and fat headed wrench embedded in the cave next to his head.

"Just keep your mouth shut." And he put his wrench away. Short, simple and sweet. What more needed to be said.

Wolframite gripped his crumbling fist watching as Tremolite walk next to Tungsten. The running guiding her deeper into the mines with a subtle hand on her waist getting lower the father put of view they were.