Coming Home|Philippe

He was tired. Philippe hands ached, and his skin was littered in pink burn marks from wax and him accidentally stabbing himself. Today, he had to deal with a very, very energetic six year old, and he absolutely refused to sit still! Now Philippe was a patient man, really! He was! But today was just too much.

"I'm home!" He sighed and dropped his coat off on the rack. It had been raining once he'd gotten off work, and he was drenched.

"Welcome home, Brother!"

"Welcome back!"

He took his glass off and rubbed his wet face with a small smile. They made it worth every struggle. The two most important women in his life! Is beloved sister and his beautiful wife!

"Hey! There you are!" Christina poked her head from around the corner and moved to give him a hug when he stepped back.

"Sorry Tina, I am a bit damp at the moment, And I smell like wet dog."

"You went to get see butter and the puppies without me!?" She gasped! Offended!

"I'm sorry, they were just so cute! I could not help myself!" He always tried to go see the neighborhood stray dog and her puppies.

"And here I was thinking of saving you a muffin. Guess I'll just go eat it!"

"Absolutely not you, muffin bandit." ___, said, coming around the corner and drying her hands off on the old,worn apron," You've eaten at least ten today alone!"

Philippes eyes widened, "ten!? It was the small ones, yes?"

Christina coughed into her fist," Yes...of course they were! Oh, did you hear that? I think I hear my bed calling. Goodnight, brother!" And she power walked away deeper into the house.

"How big were they?"

"The size of my fist."

"That girl, I swear, at any rate, how have you been? I trust she wasn't stealing all your goods again?"

"Just a few, but I let her have the muffins, the woman who ordered them canceled at the last moment." She rolled her shoulder, "How was your day? You seem so tense."

"Ugh, I'd rather not talk about it."

"Well, come here then." She pulled him down by the overalls a bit to kiss him.

"I'm wet,____," he warned.

"So am i."

He swallowed and blushed when she finally got to kiss him.

"Ahem, we-well." He trailed off, not knowing what to say.

"Dinner is in the kettle, Go take a shower, and I'll boil you some!" She said, swatting him on the butt and heading back into the kitchen.

"Goodness." He sighed and took his shoes off. If there's one thing he could count on, it was her getting him riled up.

Leaving a small wet trail behind him, Christina wandered out of the bathroom, toothbrush in her mouth.

"Soooo, you going to ask her this time?" She questioned, spitting into the sink.

"I should have never told you that!" He jumped, taking his shirt off as he wandered from the bedroom to the bathroom.

"But you did! So, I say you stop being a wuss -"

"Hey!"

"- and ask her already!"

"But what if she doesn't want to get married? I know we've talked about it, but... what if she's just saying that? You know how she gets sometimes. She's a people pleaser."

"Phil, Ilwe walked past a bridal gown store, and she kept asking me what you'd like."

He perked up at that," Really?" He thought about all the pretty grown,____, could wear. It didn't matter what she had he'd still think she was beautiful," But....The moments never right!"

"Don't be a wuss,"

"I'm not!"

"You are."

"You!"

"I'm not a wuss! You can't even ask,____ to- MHPH!"

Philippe threw a pillow at her face," SHHH!"

"Oh you little -" She chased after him with the pillow, hitting him over the head and back with it as he raced around the couch and chair.

"What are you two doing?" ___, brought a cup of water and soup over to the table as Philippe curled up on the rug, holding his head with his sister sitting on his side, beating him with two pillows.

"...nothing." she said as if she wasn't beating up her brother.

"I see! Well, when you're done beating up, nothing, let nothing know I'll be waiting for him in the shower." She said, walking off.

"Nows your chance!"

"I'm not going to OOF! dtop that! I'm not Omph! Quit it!"

"Then.Go. ask. Her!!" She said, beating him harder with pillows until he rolled over with his own and smacked her with it.

"Fine! Just....Shoo! Go over Aunite Galilees, I can't do it knowing you're watching!" Knowing Christina, she'd probably ruin the mood with her, well placed, excitement.

"Aw, what? I wanna see her face when you do it!"

"You can see it after I finish putting a ring on her finger. Besides, didn't you leave your set over at Aunties?" He asked, Auntie Galilees was an older black woman who'd been friends with their mother before the accident. She'd looked after them for most of their lives and was basically family at this point.

"I knew I was forgetting something!" She immediately got up and fought to put her hair up in a ponytail and was about to make a mad dash down the cobble stone street in the rain.

"Don't forget your umbrella!!" He yelled.

"Right! Thanks!" She did a U-turn,grabbed his umbrella, and jogged out of sight.

"That girl, I swear." He laughed and stood up. By now,____ was probably wondering where he was.

Quickly getting undressed, he grabbed the box from under his pillow and closed the bathroom door behind him.

"___?"

"There you are, I'm assuming Tina left for some reason? Left something at Aunties house?"

"She did, I swear all three of us are so scattered brained when it comes to keeping up with stuff."

"You  most definitely, but it's cute." After all, that's how you first met. He'd left his notes and sketch pad on one of the tables at the cafe you had been working at. He'd left it there so many times that she had made his own little spot with the rest of the co-workers. "Philippes forget-me-not hobbit hole." She said out loud as he finally joined her in the shower.

"Good heveans, I thought you forgot about that!"

"Absolutely not! And I still have to pack both your things because of how much you two forget." She turned to him, pressing her chest to his,"I miss having your attention all day." She confessed.

"If I could, I'd bring you to work with me, I could sit and sculpt you all day." That way, everyone could see the beautiful woman God had blessed him with meeting.

"We should go do something, Maybe take a trip?"

"A trip?"

"Yes, maybe to the mountains?" The water was very cold now, and he was quick to get her out and dried off.

"That sounds nice. It has been a while since we've done anything."

"Christina can come as well!"

At the mention of his sister, he figured she'd be back by now," Hm, let's bring her next time, hm?" When he started courting, he promised that she would never be a third wheel. But this time she would have to stay home. This would be the perfect opportunity, and this time, he wasn't going to ruin it!