The Returned |Gannie 🍋

A/N: Art done by the the very talented Kygo!!!

https://twitter.com/roymustphang/status/1685786446211559424?t=CH2LR-XVC6e3M0rwaZFV6g&s=19

----------

The smell of food filled the air as people, nymphs, and other creatures chattered amongst themselves. The massive hot spring and the several small ones accompanying it were scattered about the massive inner cave system.

Pumice stared into her goblet of wine as the murky image of mortals swinging swords and stabbing each other. Every so often, she'd see a glimpse of him. A weapon, his armor, maybe even the top of his head. But she never saw him fully. It was like he was messing with her. Preventing her from seeing him fight. No matter how many times she called out to him, his image was always blurry.

"Still waiting for him?" Dionysus asked, offering to refill her goblet.

"He does it on purpose, I promise you he does." She huffed, sitting on a cloud.

"Mmmm, perhaps he does it to get your attention? Or maybe... he likes you?"

"I'd like to think my husband likes me." She snorted as he refilled her goblet," he's been gone for so long, though... do you think he's fallen back into his blood lust?"

Dionysus sighed, pushing his braids off his shoulder, " we'll he is a God of war, it wouldn't surprise me, but he knows how to regin himself in." He'd seen the power of an unhinged God. It wasn't pretty.

"Hmmm, it's faded again... well, then enough about him. How's that mortal you've been messing with? I hear you found her at one of your own gardens?" She changed the subject.

"Ahh, she is a shy one, very weary of me, and I don't blame her, God's have a tendency to ruin relationships but she is very smart, I'll have to introduce her to you one day!"

"Does she have a favorite color? I'd be more than happy to gift her a nice set of jewelry!" As the goddess of wealth, trade, and minerals, she was beyond skilled with crafting complex circlets! They were her favorite head pieces to make!

"Then I'll have to bring her here." His grin revealed sharp teeth, and he refilled the goddesses cup, "I'll be seeing you!"

"Farwell..." he was gone in a swirl of leaves. Alone again, the young godess stood from the warm bath. Getting the tip of her toga wet. She wondered how her little shop was doing and decided to check on it. She had her own 'mortal' life as a merchant in one of the busy Greek settlements by the ocean.

Summoning a small mirror, she peered in over the clouds to watch her store. People came and went, looking and buying things. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary, but one could never be too careful.

She was so busy staring into her mirror that she never felt the deadly presence behind her. It slowly closed in her, stalking and waiting before.

"Gotcha!"

She screamed but then settled down once she realized what dark skinned, scard hands were holding her.

"I almost hit you!" She whirled around and was met with her prankster of a husband. She hugged him tightly. His shoulder coat just was fuffy as she clung to him.

"I wouldn't mind." He hummed, holding her close. He'd miss this, oh how he'd missed this. Her soft, warm soul that soothed him. Her voice would hum a mindless song throughout the day and night. Her ever changing eyes were as brilliant as the stone she cut. Her eyebrows always did this silly little motion whenever she was confused or mad. She was so expressive! So sweet and kind to him. She took her time with him and stopped to really understand what he did. Bindings was not just a god of war but of righteous justice.